Chapter 9: Recuperation

Upon killing the General, and finding his plans for later that night... the final strike to the defending Xelbians would commence. The attack would start at 1800 hours that night, right at the middle of chow.

Cody: What was found...

Soldier 1: He was going to attack right at the middle of chow. Lying Bastard.

He kicked the General, and spat on him. Many other soldiers played pinata with the General's body. So, they would have to find a new person to lead the force... so the CO of Eagle's Division was put in charge.

Officer: Okay, team... we've got a few hours before this attack commences. If they lose, they'll have no more equipment left to spare! Everyone must remember that in a few hours. For now, at ease and return to your posts.

The Soldiers were dismissed by a REAL CO, and he genuinely cared for his officers and Soldiers underneath him. He knew that he must care for his men as much as he did to end this conflict.

Officer: I need the Cavalry to continue to scout the reigon from now until the battle. I want them to believe it to be part of the plan.

The Cavalry nodded, and rode out from the tremch line to scan the reigon for any enemy forces, and relaying information to him directly.

Cody: What about the inevitable attack that will occour tonight?

Officer: If this intel is anything to go off of... then they won't have a clue at what hit them. Prepare everything you can to defend this place.

Soldiers carried the dead body of James by Cody, which had a massive effect on his morale. His only battle buddy was gone, and due to the fact of a traitor.

Cody: Why... I just want to know why me.

The CO of his Division had overheard him. He peered over his shoulder to the tall young man, and felt some remorse in the situation.

Officer: Because the world knows you're strong enough to deal with it. As men, we have to deal with things women wouldn't understand... but that's okay. We do it for them anyway, and they love us for it.

The CO walked over to his horse, and pulled out a report from earlier. He was liking to what he was seeing first...

Officer: A new weapon of war, eh? Bring it in for the defense.

The weapon was wheeled in on a cart, and was the first iteration of a machine gun. It had a hand crank and had a .308 round and could fire 450 rounds a minute.

Officer: What in the world is this contraption?

Soldier 2: Sir, this is the first ever "Machine Gun" as the inventor calls it! This thing shoots a intermediate cartridge and fires significant faster and farther than a Musket!

Officer: Good... Put it to use and however many you have. We will need it to scare the Esplanade Army out of this reigon and to finally surrender.

HUNDREDS of these Machine Guns were made in Duscany, as it was invented there. However, Xelbia already got the blueprint and began mass production on said weapon.