9. 𝔅𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔶𝔞𝔩

9. 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢 | 𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔷𝔢
𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢 | 𝔗𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔷𝔢𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

AEMOND wasn't a soft man, if such a thing could exist. He kissed as though he was a dragon incarnate, hungry, fierce and hot. She'd never felt such desperation in a single motion, yet he remained so restrained at the same time.

She knew as soon as his lips met hers that their relationship was destined to change forever. He was no longer just her mentor and training partner. He was...

What was he to her? What was she to him?

When they had broken apart, Aemond couldn't help but look down at her with a hint of concern, though concern for what, she wasn't sure. He had walked away, leaving her in the middle of the courtyard, watching him go.

As she'd awoken the next morning, she found that she was no less confused on the prior night's events, though her questions would have to wait, for she had the whole day to contend with first.

In fact, she knew that the day was odd when Helaena arrived at her door, an umbrella to shield them from the sun in her hand,

"I wondered if we could take a stroll through the gardens today," She smiled innocently, "A walk will do the mind well, don't you think?"

And so, the pair walked arm-in-arm out towards the garden. The sun was high and a light breeze filtered through the air, enough to keep them cool under the warmth of the sky. A few of the ladies of the courts were flitting around, making sure that they curtsied low when Helaena passed them. There were little men in the sunshine - presumably, most of those who were worth anything were fulfilling their duties to the realm.

Once Helaena and Donella had finally settled on a stone bench near the middle of the garden, Donella realised what the Princess was doing.

Helaena had constructed this entire day for them. She'd picked the most public bench in the gardens so that Donella was sure to keep any reactions to herself. She did not have desirable news for the Lady,

"Donella, there have been rumours..."

She immediately had a few suspicions as to the nature of these rumours. Only a few of them would lead Helaena to confront Donella in a public space, as opposed to in the privacy of her own rooms. Was it the training with Aemond? The late-night visit to Flea Bottom? The kiss?

"Rumours, my Princess?" Donella picked a flower from her feet and examined it as Helaena spoke,

"Rumours about the relationship between you and my brother," Helaena let the words hang in the air for a moment.

Donella knew that she had two choices at this moment. The first would be to take control - to admit her guilt but control the narrative. The second choice would be to play dumb. The second choice would only work if Helaena - and more than likely her mother - had no evidence of such a relationship taking place.