Prologue

"Young lady, don't run with toast in your mouth! You'll choke!" Auntie Jun spoke those words once again for the first time in one long month.

Though in hindsight one month was too short to be going back to school.

"Yes Auntie Jun!" I responded. I didn't actually comply. I hadn't choked so far, and I wasn't going to!

I gulped down the last of my toast and yelled a fleeting good-bye to my aunt as I sprinted out the unfamiliar gates, pigtails bouncing behind me. Yeah, you guessed right, we've just moved here. Just because I'm the new girl at the school doesn't make it cliché, everyone's gotta start somewhere. I just happened to start half-way through the first term of high school.

A month is long time to miss school. Let's just say that the transport systems we used weren't the most reliable. Ha, who am I kidding? They were horrible. They were despicable, cheap, budget methods of transport. They're called feet. Auntie believes in keeping the environment clear, but that doesn't mean we have to trek through half the country...

I'm being dramatic. It was a half hour walk, the rest was by train, not that it was much better. They were public trains, ugh. By the time we'd settled in and got me enrolled it was half way through the first term.

Not looking where I was going, I crashed into someone.

"Hey, watch out..." I grumbled, though I was admittedly the one at fault in this case.

A brunette boy (or was it a girl?) was staring at me wide eyes. "Hey, you're going to Ouran too? That's cool! Oh, right, uh, sorry." S/He bowed frantically.

"Are you a boy or a girl?"

Their face. It was priceless.

"I, uh, I'm a boy... well, uh, see you!" He ran off down some other road. I didn't know why, we're going to the same school, aren't we? So shouldn't he go...

"Ah, what do I care?" I simply continued on my way, the way I knew to my new school.

Looking around I could tell this was a rich area, most of the houses seemed way too big for a single family, overkill much. Not that me and my aunt were any better.

In fact, the gate to my school seemed over-priced in itself, I could see it from here and boy was it fancy.

I stood at the entrance to the school and stared. There was no way that the size of the school was to scale with the students. This flashy over-priced school was built to fit half of Tokyo!

And this was my new school.

Ouran High School.