Chapter Two

Allysa's POV

I was so embarrassed and wish the ground swallow me this instant.

Jackson and his father were there and our company legal consultant, Mr. Douglas Stewart.

"Aaah. I'm sorry I didn't know you have company." I stuttered, and I can feel my cheeks heated looking at my father. My god, this is so embarrassing! I saw Jackson smirked and I blushed even more. What does he think of me?

"Hello there sweetcheeks. It's okay, we're done actually." My father answered happily. "Come here and give your old man a hug."

Dad turned to his companions. "Gentlemen, thank you for your time. We will discuss this further in our next meeting".

I just stood there and looked at Jackson who still have a smirking face.

The truth is I have a huge crush on him since I first saw him that's why I refused Tanya's proposition this morning. My crush on Jackson got deeper every day, every year. During our Prom he was the King and I was the Queen of the night, but he didn't appear on stage, he just disappeared that night after the announcement. It made my heart crushed into tiny pieces. I will never forget that night.

"Nice entrance sweetcheeks. I think your father is right, your cheek is sweet because until now your cheeks are still on fire. Your cute though." Jackson murmured only for me to hear and followed his father with a wide smile on his face.

I ignored him and went to my father side to give him a side hug and a light kiss on his cheek. "I'm sorry dad, I didn't mean to interrupt your meeting with the Murphy's. What is Jackson doing here anyway?"

"It's okay dear. Jackson was here because he will handle one of our projects. I admired that boy, he knew their business very well at the very young age." Dad explained with a proud smile on his face.

"Oh, okay Dad." Wow I also admired Jackson for this. I thought he was just a happy go lucky rich playboy whom I always heard from my friends and schoolmates.

"Let's go to your mom's office. She's waiting for you." He said leading me outside his office. My mother's office is only beside his office. She is the company CFO despite my father's disapproval. He wants my mom to stay at home and just hosts our company parties and our charity institutions galas.

...............................................

The night of the gala arrives. I am wearing my aqua blue long gown made by my mother's designer. I got a fish tail braid and I love it very much.

I asked John to drive for me. I was waiting at the lobby of the building of my condo. Yes, I am living alone despite of my parent's disapproval. I want to learn how to be independent and do my shores on my own. They end up agreeing but in one condition. I need to bring Irene with me because being alone is very dangerous, my parents' words, not mine. Irene has been with me since I was five years old and I love her because she knows me so well.

Soon John arrived, and we headed to our company building. The gala will be held at the rooftop of the building.

............................................................

I was enjoying the party and very happy to look at the sky and breathe on the fresh air from the rooftop.

I am seating silently in a corner drinking my juice when I felt someone sat beside me. "No alcoholic drink for you sweetcheeks?" The baritone voice asked.

I knew that voice so well and I felt nervous and blushed automatically and I don't know why. When he is nearby, I felt nervous and shy. His presence affects me so much. Maybe because of my crush on him. I couldn't look straight in his eyes. When out path crosses in the campus, I will just bow my head and pretended I didn't see him. That's how I feel when he's near, awkward, shy, panicky and crazy.