Backstory

I was only 14 when the outbreak started. It was just a normal, teenagery day and looking back I don't even know if I'd do anything different.

'There's nothing you could of done (y/n). It's not your fault.' - that's the only damn thought that kept me going so long especially right after the outbreak.

How it all started

It was just another stupid, normal day. A normal day in every way possible, well at first anyways. I laughed with my friends and went to school, just average stuff. I'm just thankful that what felt like my last day on earth was a good one. Even though I wished I had so much more time to just live my life.

All day I had this weird feeling. I was sort of an anxious kid so I just shook it off I guess but it was like nothing I had ever felt before?

Looking back on it the first sign I saw of infected was around the night before. My family was being a bit more off than normal for a reason I couldn't quite grasp. I guess what was why.

I know that there was nothing I could of done about that? I wasn't the one who infected them yet I still blame myself in so many ways.

In the evening of the next day when people started acting weird everything was gone. Everyone was gone.

It should have been me. It should have been me who got infected. Not everyone else. But I'm glad I didn't.

A/N -Just keeping it short for now and you'll find out more about the backstory later 😜

First draft- 23/2/23
Rewritten- 15/4/23