𝟑𝟐

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼:
𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘐𝘴 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥

                                                 Ivy was sitting in her bed, flipping through books when Vivi stormed in

Ivy was sitting in her bed, flipping through books when Vivi stormed in. She shut the door and immediately flopped onto Ivy's bed. Her eyes were puffy and red and Ivy already wanted to kill whoever made her cry. Ivy pushed her books away as Vivi laid down on her lap.

"What's wrong, babes?" Ivy cooed as she tried to detangle Vivi's hair with her hand.

"Gaea's mean. Tartarus' mean. And I'm mean."

"Nightmares?" Ivy asked and Vivi nodded.

"My mom thinks I'm dead," she whispered quietly, her voice cracking. Her eyes grew glossy. Ivy's hand stopped. "My mom, she—she would have dreams, before her accident. Like when my uncle died...he was in the hospital but in a dream he came to her and told her it was his time. We all rushed to the hospital and the minute we got there he—"

Vivi stopped and let out a shaky breath.

"Oh, V—"

"She thinks I'm dead," Vivi repeated, her lip quivering. She was about to cry again. "I shouldn't be here. I should be with her. If I'm going to die—"

"You're not going to die, V."

"What are the odds we survive this?" Vivi whispered quietly. "They aren't good. We have nine days and my mom will be alone. They will put her in a home, Ivy, and she'll hate—"

"You will make it back to your mom," Ivy said sternly. "You will if it's the last thing I do, okay?"

"But Ivy, I can't—I can't lose you, okay? I can't—I can't—I can't—"

Vivi started sobbing and Ivy just let her cry, detangling her hair as she sobbed. It took maybe, thirty minutes for Vivi to calm down again, but it only broke Ivy's heart more.

"You won't lose me either," Ivy murmured. "I'll only die after you do. My heart will be shattered and I'll die of heartbreak."

Vivi gave a small laugh with a hiccup, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. Ivy was waiting for her to say, I have a girlfriend, but she didn't. Her and Annabeth definitely had a fight.

"I'm flattered, Ivy."

Ivy smiled down at her, but it was strained, and she knows Vivi can see it, but it's the best she can do.

"V, I—For once in my life, I'm...I'm worried that I might die. I'm scared to die," Ivy confessed quietly, squeezing her eyes shut but she had to quickly open them and look to the side. "But I can't think like that. I have to push through biggest even the smallest hesitation can have dire consequences. I have to push myself to keep it together and to keep going."