35

Chapter 35

Tao Yongji and Liang Xianglan sat together for three hours. During this period, Liang Xianyue's family even went to replace the meeting class and asked them to get up and move around. The water has indeed been rising, and it has risen to seven or eight centimeters below the eaves.

The wooden cabinet was scooped up and emptied of the water inside.

It is four o'clock in the afternoon and the sun has not yet set. Since the morning, Liang Xianyue's family has not eaten, and everyone on the roof should be the same. At that time, they were too nervous. Although there was food in their backpacks, they couldn't even remember to eat, and they didn't feel hungry at all.

Now it's time to replenish some energy. Waiting for the sun to set, waiting in the darkness for the water to overflow their footings, is the most testing time.

Liang Xianyue opened the zipper of her backpack and took out a large insulated lunch box from inside. Inside was still warm dumplings stuffed with cabbage and pork.

In the past few days, because of the constant precautions against floods, Zhen Min would cook a pot of dumplings and put them in an insulated lunch box every morning. In the evening, I found that it was okay and the family ate it again.

"Have you brought food?" Zhen Min asked Liang Xianglan.

Liang Xianglan hurriedly said: "Bring it." She picked up a large iron box from the side, opened it and saw that there were layers of peach cakes inside.

Just like Liangjia Village has a tofu shop, the village of Tao Yongji's relatives also reopened pastry shops. Peach cakes are heavy in oil and sugar, with a long shelf life and very expensive prices. If it weren't for visiting relatives during the Chinese New Year, I would not be willing to buy a box at ordinary times. After Tao Yongji received the walnut cake, he was still reluctant to eat it, and Tao Wenwen only gave her a piece when he was hungry.

It was two and a half catties when it was delivered, and now it is estimated that there are still two catties left. When the flood came, time was urgent, and it was inconvenient to take other things, so I took this box of peach cakes. Liang Xianglan first took a piece for Tao Wenwen, who was hungry when he saw the peach cake, and then asked Liang Xianyue's family and the two old people, "Shall I eat a piece of

peach cake?"

They are more prepared, and of course they will not rush to eat some peach cakes.

After asking around but was rejected, Liang Xianglan showed an embarrassed smile on her face: "Hey, thanks to you for taking care of our family today, this is a life-saving grace, and we will definitely not forget it." "It's nothing

, "Liang Xianyue interjected, "It's what we should do, how can we just wait until we die."

Liang Xianyue took out a disposable dinner plate and divided it into the dumplings in the thermos bucket. This disposable dinner plate was nothing but Zhen Min was reluctant to throw the birthday cake tray.

The fourth grandpa and the fourth grandma wanted to reject dumplings at first. They couldn't buy anything this winter, and there was no ready-to-eat food at home. The two of them cooked a pot of porridge in the morning and brought it to the roof together with the pot.

"We have porridge to drink."

Zhen Min looked down, and the half pot of porridge was cold and lumpy. "It's not worth it if you get sick if you eat it cold. We cook a lot of dumplings, and three people can't finish them. They are sour after being put in the insulated box overnight." Hearing what they said, the fourth grandma reluctantly took the plate