Chapter 6: Hikari

Himari POV:

I was just walking out a convenience store after school. I look up the sky and its getting dark, "Better go home now." I muttered

On my way I saw Mahiru just standing in the middle of the sidewalk. I was about to approach him but then saw Sakuya. Mahiru turned around to look at his green-haired best friend but his face....Mahiru's face say something else.

I watch the two friends interact with each other but then suddenly heard a scream. I saw Sakuya pulling Mahiru and I decided to follow them. I ran after them just a little far behind and then they turned to an alley. I blended in the shadows as I watch them and I heard Sakuya say, "If you trusted me, you wouldn't lie, right?"

"You're acting weird. Did something happen?" Mahiru said "Hey!"

"Now, Mahiru." Sakuya said "Just how much of our relationship is a lie?"

What?

Suddenly Mahiru was lifted in the air, and two swords crossed between Mahiru's servamp, Sleepy Ash. And I heard a laugh, I look up and saw the magician-themed vampire.

"Now! Now! Some applause!" he said "The skewering show begins!"

"Mahiru. Didn't I tell you that there are vampires around here?" Sakuya said "I warned you many many many times!" I saw them...Sakuya's teeth are sharp

He's...Sakuya is a vampire...!

"Mahiru...this guy..." I heard the Servamp of Sloth say "He's Tsubaki's subclass."

My bangs covered my eyes as I listen closely to Sakuya, "Mahiru, ever think the world was only created five minutes ago?"

"Huh?"

"No way? I have memories of the past? What if those memories were also seeded into you five minutes ago? What if I became your best friend five minutes ago with fake memories? Can you prove that something like that is impossible?" Sakuya continued "When your mom died, what did I say to you? Was I there?"

He then took out three knives from his coat pocket as he said, "So, Mahiru. Just how much of our memories are a lie?" He then went to attack Mahiru but Sloth protected him, however, he was pierced at the back with two swords by the magician vampire.

"It's a lie that Sakuya is a vampire!" Mahiru shouted 

"Wouldn't it have been great if that was a lie? That vampires existed and that I was one of them."

I bit my lower lip and had enough. I jumped out of the shadows and appeared behind Sakuya and kicked him to the head.

"Huh?! Himari?!!" I heard Mahiru say 

I looked at him. His eyes wide, I gave him a reassuring smile and then directed my gaze to Sakuya, "I've had enough listening to everything." I said in a dark tone "To think I've also considered you a friend. Why did you lie to Mahiru?!"

Sakuya slowly got up and wiped blood from his mouth, "Himari-chan...?"

"Sakuya...tell me one thing...those so called fake memories...were they really fake to you?" I questioned, he stayed silent

My eyes widened when I felt a presence behind him and saw the magician-themed vampire.

Oh shit!

3rd POV:

Thankfully, Himari managed to dodge the sneak attack Belkia did. She did a triple somersault and landed behind Mahiru. She was about to cut whatever that was bounding Mahiru but she was caught on the same strings, "What the--"