6

Asha POV

This morning I fixed Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped creme & bacon. I was in the mood for something sweet this morning plus it was Brent's favorite.

"Baby come eat so you're not late" I yelled through the house. Slowly but surely he made his way down and his eyes lit up at the meal.

"Thank you baby girl" He said smiling and kissed me.

"You're wel-" I was cut off when a surge of sickness ran through me.

"Ash what's wrong!?" Brent asked following me to the bathroom. As soon as I hit the toilet I threw up all of the good food that I just ate.

"I did my job" he said smiling hard.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" I said scowling him.

"You're pregnant Ash" he said. I was taken aback for a second but he could be right. I needed to make sure so I got him to run to the drug store and get a home test.

10 minutes later he returned and I followed the directions on the box. I sat it on the sink and began my anxious wait.

"Welll was I right?" He asked. I walked over to the counter and sure enough the lines that determined my pregnancy were true.

"Yes!!!" I said smiling. I almost jumped in his arms but I remembered I just threw up and I need to chill before I do it again. I'm gonna take a day off today so that I can call the doctor and rest up. My body feels a little weak.

"I can stay if you want me to Ash?" He asked. I nodded and he called his firm to let them know he would be absent today.

Bethany POV

"Excuse me, could you direct me to Asha Klein's office?" I asked the janitor. He was the only one close plus I'm sure he knows the ins and outs of this place. He pointed down the hall and gave further directions.

"Thank you" I said. I followed his directions and strutted to her office. I knocked and waited for a response but it was dead silent.

"She is out today" I heard a male voice say. "But if you have paperwork for her, sit it on the desk and label it with a sticky note."

I walked in the room and it was quite fancy. A crystal chandelier hung at the center of the room, a glass window enclosed the area behind the desk, and awards filled the walls. I did as I was told with the paperwork but I couldn't leave without doing one small thing.