TWO

written by milliondreams2k

"Bro I'm hella tired, you know how badly I wanted to stay in bed and sleep. This is some opp shit." Maziah laughed in response to Jayce as they walked to the cafeteria.

"I feel you." Maziah replied.

He soon saw Romeo sitting by the trash can on his phone with his head down. Listening to whatever he was listening too on his earphones. "Save my seat bro I'll be right back." He said to Jayce as he walked towards him. He met Romeo on Friday, he would lie if they weren't talking since. As friends.

He softly kicked Romeo's foot with his. "Hey bro you not hungry?" Romeo looked up and took an earbud out. "What?"

"You ain't hungry?" He asked again. "I don't got money to buy my own, I haven't ate in days. Like I said already financial things, I'm good though. Always good." Romeo smiled at Maziah.

Maziah wouldn't notice it at first but his heart would kind of get soft at his smile, because he knew there was pain behind it. "Alright, you have a good one bro." Maziah said.

"You too." Romeo replied going back to his bubble.

Maziah walked towards the lunch ladies and ordered his food, a slice of pizza and cheese fries with an apple and chocolate milk. Simple, unhealthy but simple.

He paid for his food and almost went back to his seat when he looked towards Romeo. He looked like he was going to pass out, looking paler then usual, mixed kids these days.

As he looked at him his heart felt heavy, so he went back to the lunch lady and ordered the same thing, just to be kind. He paid for the food and walked towards Romeo and put the plate down in front of him.

Romeo looked up at him in disbelief and took out his earphone, Maziah went to walk away before he was stopped. "Wait! Did you get me this?" He asked when Maziah stopped in his tracks to look towards him. Maziah nodded in response.

"I- I don't.. thank you so much bro, I really appreciate this so much." Romeo said looking like he wanted to cry.

Maziah nodded. "Enjoy bro." Maziah said walking away to his table with Jayce.

"Dayummm nigga took you long enough, where my plate at?" Jayce asked with a dramatic opened mouth. "Fuck you talking about, you got money." Maziah replied snickering.

"So do you, Ima remember this though." Jayce joked as he got up from the table to go buy his food, sticking the middle finger out to Maziah while making a ugly face.

Maziah flicked him off too jokingly as he took a bite of his pizza, he took a glance at Romeo and saw him savoring the cheese fries, the pizza was already gone.

He looked like he was enjoying himself eating, and it made Maziah feel warm inside, he helped a brother out in a bad time, a light in a dark room. Though he ain't no saint because he knows himself pretty well, he can be an asshole.

Thinking of someone else can come a long way.

-

When lunch was over the students proceeded too their classes. Romeo sat next to Maziah in math class.

"Hey bro, I'm gonna pay you back. You didn't have to do that." Romeo whispered to Maziah.