Chapter 3

"Hands off, bub. They're mine." Mello exclaimed, narrowly glaring at Near.

"Really? How curious... First I've heard of it." Near promptly stated, as he rose out of his chair.

"Tch... Yeah. So how about you step aside, or else... Near." Mello retaliated, in which he began moving closer. Near did the same, which eventually led them speaking directly face-to-face with each other.

"Mello, when will you learn? I always thought second place fit you quite well, y'know." Near said with a cheeky smile ranging from ear-to-ear.

Mello's fist began shaking rapidly. "Near... You're dead meat. You know that?" at which Mello took a large bite out of his chocolate bar.

"Come at me then, Mello. You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Let's see." Near fully stood up, anticipating Mello's next move.

"Heh, fine then. I was looking for an excuse to pummel your face!!" Mello proudly exclaimed, his words filled with bloodlust.

"Oh, no... They're really about to fight. Just for my sake!! What should I do?!" I thought to myself, as I watched the events come into fruition right before my eyes. Mello threw away his chocolate bar, in which he then began charging Near.

"Stop!!" I desperately cried out in despair. "You can't win over my heart by fighting! You both seem so wonderful, but I just can't choose between you two... This isn't right!"

Near and Mello instantly backed off of each other. "Fine," they both stubbornly stated. Near and Mello stood opposite of each other, crossing their arms and looking away in disgust.

"You said you can't choose between us, right?" Mello asked, while also boasting a smug look at Near.

"Yes." I hesitantly responded.

"Well, instead of fighting each other, it looks like I'll just have to succeed in stealing their heart before you do, Near!" Mello stated, as he sticks out his tongue and pulls down his left eyelid.

"Hmph. Challenge accepted, Mello. Don't think it'll be easy though."

Mello snickered, "Right back at'cha, got it?"

Near and Mello finally agreed on something... That is, a battle for (Y/N)'s heart. Who will prevail?

"Now, what is an optimal place for a date..." Mello wondered to himself. Alas, out of nowhere, the familiar face of Commander Rester barged into the room.

"Near, we've finally located Tueur!" Rester yelled.

"Oh?...What are their coordinates, Commander?" Near quietly asked, taking his silky white hair in between his fingers.

"Sugarcane Mall." Rester answered.

At that moment, Mello and Near looked at each other and then weirdly back at me. My heart dropped.

"What are they scheming?" I thought to myself.

"Perfect," they both finally exclaimed. "That'll be our date spot."

"Wait, huh??" I sank into my seat, what have I done?