Chapter 1

This is Berk. It's twelve days, North of Hopeless and a few degrees South of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery.

My name is Hiccup, great name right?? Yeah my parents believed my name would scare off enemies as well as gnomes and trolls, but well it's not the worst name out there, I mean my cousins name is Snotlout, now that is a weird name, the food here is tough and tasteless, the people are even more tough and tasteless, they pretty much have no personalities, anyways most places have ponies or parrots, we, now we have...Dragons (I changed Hiccup's voiceover, a bit as you can see).

Dragonese = Italics
Thoughts = Bold
Normal talk = Normal
Letter = Italics but bold

It has been 3 years since Toothless and I defeated the Red Death and since I lost my leg, I'm now in my living room with my dad, who is telling me that apparently it is time for me to ask Astrid who has been my girlfriend of 3 years to marry me, but honestly I don't want to get married but I must do what the chief wants even if I happen to be his son, I turned around and said "alright dad, I'll ask her but I'm going flying, come on bud, let's go" Toothless said to me in dragonese "coming hiccup", I'm the only one that can speak it, since toothless taught me, it took us 2 and a 1\2 years, but I learnt it, that's why we are such a good team, anyways we went out the door and into the sky, I changed the position of his tail fin so many times, eventually we landed on a new island, I got my journal out and got a new paper, put it in front of Toothless who licked it, then added it to our map, the drew on it and said "so what should we name it?" Then looked at toothless who was itching his armpit, I said "itchy armpit it is" then wrote it down, then Astrid came over and was mumbling under her breath, I looked over at her and knew something was wrong but I didn't care, see the thing is I don't love her, I just wanted people to think that so they didn't know that I was dating a dragon, my dragon in fact, I Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third am dating my night fury, Toothless Draco fury, but no one knows except my dad, he doesn't actually want me to marry Astrid but the whole village doesn't know about me and Toothless dating so I have no choice, anyways I said "let's go bud, I don't want to be here anymore" he nodded so I got on him and we flew off, once we were in the air, we heard "Hiccup, get back here" then heard Astrid flying behind trying to catch up, so Toothless flew faster, once we got back to Berk, Toothless and I landed and then Astrid landed and she probably didn't notice the people gathering around or she just didn't care, she definitely did not see my father, since she said, "Hiccup, we are done, I don't want a person who has one leg, I just wanted power and to be on the top like always, I don't want a good for nothing little skinny, defenceless, tiny boy like you" then there were gasps all around and a shout of "ASTRID HOFFERSON" Astrid turned around and said "what it's true dad" then dad said "Astrid, I have had enough of your disgusting attitude, this was the last thing I expected you to do, but HOW DARE YOU speak like that to your future chief, I am absolutely disgusted which is why, I Chief Stoick the Vast of Berk, strip you of your title shieldmaiden and strip you of your title of stormfly's rider and you will be put into prison for disrespecting the future chief, oh and one more thing, never talk to hiccup again, when you get out of prison, because he will not be here, since he is going to leave for a bit for a mission for me" she shouted "you can't do that" then my dad said "Aye, I can because I'm the chief and you just disrespected my son and your future chief and I am disgusted" I just stood there shocked, I mean mine and my dad's relationship has gotten better but I was not expecting that, once I snapped out of it, I ran up to him and just hugged him tight and said "thank you dad" he smiled and said "no problem son, I may not say it or show it enough but I love you, I just wanted you to know that" I said "I love you too" he nodded and said "alright go pack your things, I need you to try and find the hidden world or at least the alpha nest" I nodded and said "okay, I'll go pack" then he looked down at me and winked, I smiled then I walked off with toothless following me, Toothless and I have been together for just over a year, I may have had a crush on Astrid but that didn't last long, I hate her and her disgusting attitude, she treated Toothless like he was below her and I didn't like it, I was actually planning on breaking up with her if she said anything worse about him than she normally does.