032

3rd POV

7:06AM
"I'm sorry"
The words were said loud and clear before two warm arms embraced the little boy's body close, hinata just stared blankly as iwaizumi hugged him,his head resting on the older boy's chest,he can hear the loud beating of his own heart but this time it wasn't for any kind of passion or love..it was the same rhythm he heard whenever something bad is happening or will happen.
scared?no. But frightened? Hell yes he was.
Hinata's hand rested on iwaizumi's bicep before he pushed him slightly away a sign he knew the other understood too easily as he let go of him in a flash of light.
"How are you shoyo?",trying to break the awkward tension that filled the room the brunette setter spoke as he stared at the little boy before him,'he doesn't look fine',"I'm fine"hinata muttered and Oikawa frowned. he searched the younger's face for any sign, a hint or anything, but hinata was a great actor, you can't see behind his eyes. "Your eyes look dull..didn't you sleep last night?"iwaizumi then said after silently staring at hinata for a while,"couldn't." Was the only thing hinata said now staring at his own two hands. Oikawa and iwaizumi wanted to ask more, they knew something has happened..it was just too obvious..but they knew shoyo better than anyone and now wasn't the time for this so they tried to stop asking.

The three then sat in silence none of them knowing what to say next, until hinata asked the question that's been bothering him the most since last night,"how's natsu..?",wide eyes stared at hinata before Oikawa coughed a little,"she's fine..uh- you see kozume w-was the-","yeah I know no need to explain..I guess it was better that she came and saw me after all.."oikawa then sighed in relief at the smaller's answer, "are you for real good?? Why're you being so quiet?"oikawa then said,he was too worried to stay silent the whole time and so was iwaizumi who looked at hinata as if he wanted to ask the same question before but prevented himself from doing so.
The smaller's eyes roamed around the room he was in no words leaving his mouth. "C-can we lea-ve? I h-hate staying he-re"his lips trembled as he spoke, memories of the night before flashing before his eyes but he tried to keep his posture..
he was always good at hiding his pain,at faking his happiness and giving a well practiced facade,but why can't he do that with those two? Why can't he ever hide his true feelings from them??. He flinched a little as he stared at the small droplet of water that appeared on his hand. His fingers touched his cheeks and yes..he was crying. Why? He himself doesn't know the answer to that. Maybe it's just because he was tired mentally and physically.. "hey don't cry..we can leave if you want to!..if you wanna go back to the room with the others we can do that..and if you wanna play volleyball we can also do that..but please don't cry shoyo.."the sweet words coming from iwaizumi's mouth, his soothing voice, the way he held hinata..so tenderly as if he'll break him if he hugged him tighter ..all that made hinata's weak heart weaker. Why can't they just hate him and leave him like everybody else did??why can't they help him hate them?
His train of thoughts was cut shortly after when he felt himself being picked up from the bed he was once sitting on. His teary eyes went wide and his hands circled around Oikawa's neck. "Wh-what are y-you d-doing?!"the orange head squeaked as a deep red blush bloomed on his scarred cheeks. "Well my chibi-Chan is crying and I don't like to see him sad! What do you think Iwa-Chan!?"the brunette setter said swinging around with hinata in his hands who squeaked in surprise making the short haired ace chuckle at the sight and shake his head in disbelief. Oikawa really knows how to lift someone's mood and make them forget their sorrow and pain.

"Alright my little prince where do you wanna go?"oikawa then said grinning at the little boy in his hands who was hiding his face shyly. "P-put me d-down I can w-walk.."hinata muffled out his face getting redder every passing second. "But you're our little prince. And princesses shouldn't walk on their own" oikawa said still staring at the smaller boy. Hinata looked up from under his hands, his big doe eyes staring at his team captain and ace,"I-it's p-princes not pr-princesses!". "Oh so you agree that you're our little prince?"iwaizumi said a sly smirk played on his lips when he saw the orange head get shyer. His face was so close to theirs yet it didn't feel uncomfortable, he didn't feel scared..because he knew those two would never hurt him or even think about doing anything weird to him.
Hinata smiled.
A small warm smile drew on his face as he just stared at the two boys before him. Shit's been happening a lot lately but just being with those two makes him forget everything around..these feelings..these thoughts..they scared him,but he wanted to be selfish just this once and enjoy being loved by someone..at least just for now.