chapter 3

I've been here for weeks and everyone is really chill and easy to get along with. Today was one of my rare but very precious off days. I had nothing planned until later today so I figured relaxing was the best thing to do until then. I was currently in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I heard a soft knock at the door.

I spit the toothpaste into the sink then rinsed it out. "Yes" I said opening the door to relive Rex. "Are you busy today?" He asked me. "Not until later." I told him rinsing out my toothbrush. "I was wondering if you can help me." "With what?" I questioned. "Hold on I'll show you." he left. "I'll be in my room." I told him and walked back into my room.

While I was putting on my moisturizer and finishing my morning routine he walked in. "So there's a girl I been talking to and her birthday is coming up but I don't want to go all out yet so I just thinking to get her something simple." He said walking in. "I made a list of the stuff she likes and what I want to get her" he leaned down to show me his list. "So can you come do the mall with me?" He asked standing back to his full height. "Yes let me throw on something decent first." He left and I put on a pair of baggy pants, a graphic tee and paired ot with my tennis shoes.

After I threw on some decent clothes me and Rex headed for the door, getting in the car he asked, "How do you feel about oldies?" "Love me some oldies" I said getting in the car and buckling up. "My momma playlist it is" he said getting in, doing the same then turning on the music. We started off with Anthony Hamilton and from there let the rest flow, the car ride was good we vibed and sung damn near all the songs that played through the cars speakers. We finally made it to the mall and I helped him find all the things on the list. Rex couldn't help himself and drug me to many stores doing exactly what he said he wasn't gonna do, go all out, I didn't stop him though. It was cute to see him gush about her and buy her stuff.

After going to like 5 different stores me and Rex was tired and hungry so we decided to grab some food from the court. As we stood in line Omar called me and I answered. "Hey, Phil." I said. "Where you at, mama?" He asked. "The mall" I told him moving up in line, "I'm near, meet me at the entrance in 10." I told him alright then hung up. "After we get pizza, I gotta go, my friend picking me up." I told Rex. "That's good, I gotta go to my momma house anyway," he told me.

After we grabbed pizza we made out way out, I seen Omar waiting at the entrance like he said so I made my way out, parting ways with Rex and saying my goodbyes. "Y'all was on a date?" He asked me as soon as I sat in the car. "So no 'hello' or nothing" I complained "and no, I was helping him buy stuff for his crush. Y'know I love love." 

[3rd person pov]

They rode to the auto shop around the corner to their old home, ran by Omar's Uncle. Amira was originally skeptical about taking her car there because she knew the rule of mixing family with finances. She was soon assured that it was strictly business and there would be no funny business between them.

Once they arrived Amira got out the car and walked to her car and smiled at it. She loved that car like it was her actual baby, it gave her a sense of freedom and without she felt trapped. Omar helped her handle the business and made sure her car was perfectly fine before she could take it. They finished and she headed home, after thanking Omar for helping her.

After reaching home she went home and took as shower, while she was scrolling she heard a yell. "Bunny come here" Rima called her. She got out of bed and walked down to Rima. "Why you doing all that damn yelling" she told her. "You wanna do wanna do my hair?" She asked her. "Why would I wanna do yo hair on this fine afternoon?" Amira asked her. "Well, can you do it for me? I'm going out with this girl tomorrow and we gon gets hotel, I can't go wit puff." Rima explained to her. "You lucky I like you." Amira hold her friend and she got up with purpose retrieving hair products.