Chapter 6

After about an hour we arrived at the party. When I walked in there is was a house full of people, the air was filled with colones, alcohol, weed and a slight smell of must. An open window was definitely needed.

They settled at a spot near the back door and I left to find something to drink. I got to the kitchen and found a Capri Sun, so I picked it up and went to go back to Ri.

"Heyy Sunny!" I heard a yell and turned dmy head, spotting Vee. "Hey" my face it up, I was glad to see a familiar face. We decided to go fine everybody so they knew we all were her.

"Why does everybody look so 90s" I said seeing that most of the people there were dressed in some type of old school aesthetic. "It's a 90s party, nobody told you?" She asked "No, I would threw sum together." I told her as I spotted Ja. "This way" I told her pointing to him.

When we got over there, we soon realized that he wasn't with them. He told us that they were getting drinks. "You too old to be drinking Capri Suns." He said motioning to my juice. "Imma be 63 drinking these, they smack." I said turning away from him analyzing the crowd.

There were so many people here, the room was definitely passed capacity. There was a dj just outside of the kitchen, stuffed in a corner. It was hard to see over people at my height but you could hear damn near everything that was going on.

"You wanna go dance" Vee walked up to me. I shocked my head yes and she drug me into an area full of girls that were dancing amongst each other. 'Lick or sum' came on and the room filled with mainly voices of women singing the song. Vee turned towards me and sung too, I joined in and we sung it to each other dancing.

After the song, Vee grined at me and asked if I wanted to take shots with her. I agreed and we made our way towards the kitchen. I lifted a few cups of the top and grabbed 2 for us. And she held up a closed thing of cranberry juice.

"This is the only closed thing in there" she said in my ear. I shock head saying 'ok' and then she pulled out 2 little bottles of alcohol. I poured the juice in our cups and she grabbed ice. We unscrewed the caps, tapped the bottles together and tossed them back and followed it with the juice.

After throwing out our trash we went back to dance with the group of girls that were dancing. We mingled for about 30 minutes until we started getting bored. "Spicy white boy at 3 o'clock" Vee whispered in my ear. I turned to see a about 6 foot white boy, dark brown hair, blue eyes and tatts walking in my direction.

"How you doing pretty girl?" He said looking down at me. "Hey, I'm fine." I told him. We talked for some time, then Vee tapped me. "Can you go to the restroom with me?" She asked. "Yeah." I told her. "Let me get your number real quick"  he asked. He gave me his phone and immediately some girl texted him 'baby where are you'. I gave him a fake number and left, after telling him to call me later.

Vee and I made our way to the restroom and we handled out business. "So, how was it?" She asked me. "He's cute but some girl had texted him asking where he was so I gave him a fake number." I told her. "I know that's right, don't got no time for no bs." She said and made our was out of the bathroom.

We walked back to the group of girls and they were in a circle dancing. A song came on that Vee knew because she started to twerk to it. "This my shit, come on." She pulled me into the circle. I the little bit of alcohol I did have gave me a enought courage to dance and the best to the song was hard. We bent over opposite sides  and twerked together, many of the girls surrounded us hyping us up.

"AYEE" I heard B4 I was grabbed up by my shirt. "yoo" I said removing the hand from me. I looked up seeing Ja grab me by my arm now. "What you doin, man" I said, unintentionally laughing. "What tf is you doin?" He asked.

"You seen what I was doin" I told him as we were walking out the front door. "Yea, acting like a hoe" he said. "Twerking has been here since before I was born, me participating in the dance don't make me a hoe. Hell yo moms probably twerked before too." I shrugged him off. "You ain't my daddy."

"Hell, you acting like you don't got one" he said. "I don't, but twerking don't got nothing to do with that." I told him, walking off. "What are you doing man, you're drunk come on." He said grabbing me by my arm again. "Barely" I said walking with him to the car. We got in and he drove off. "We gotta go back" I told him "you left Ri and King there."

"They weren't coming back home anyways." He told me. By the time we reached the house, some of the alcohol had subsided. I walked in the house and headed straight for the bathroom to shower. I bathed and put on a tank top and pajama pants on then went downstairs for water.

"Yuh good?" Ja asked me as he saw me walk in the kitchen from island. "Great." I told him grabbing a water bottle and mad emy way back upstairs. "The fuck is on your arm?" He asked, I looked this to see a swollen imprint on my arm that I hadn't noticed before. "Nigga, you did that. When you grabbed me bout by my arm." I told him pissed off about the whole situation again.

"Damn, my bad." He apologized. "Mhmm" I hummed then walked back upstairs. After a few YouTube videos, I was out like a light.
__________________________________

I woke up thirsty as hell and after gulping down the rest of my water from the night before, I was still thirsty. I got up and made my way down stairs to get some more water. "damn" I mumbled to myself seeing the time on the stove read 2:14 pm. I decided to make some cereal.

"Morning, sleephead" Ja said walking into the kitchen, smelling like straight weed. "Good morning, stoner" I said laughing lightly, eating my cereal. "What you doing?" He asked. "Eating" I said, then felt him slump his body over mine, he is chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for grabbing you up like that yesterday" he said rubbing the bruised arm. "ok" I said then he sucked his teeth. "Man, I'm tryna be nice and you being rude." "I said ok, ion know how I'm suppose rude man" I told him, shrugging him off me.

He stood next to me, leaning on the counter. "I'm fr, I ain't mean to grab you that hard fr." He told me. "I hope you ain't then we really gon have a issue." I told him. "You playing, I'm serious. I'm sorry." He said looking at me with how eyes and a stern tone. "Yea I know," I laughed. "Stop overthinking it, I heard you the first time. Id I feel some type of way imma let you know." I reassure him. "Ight man." He said, not moving from his spot, looking at me. "You wanna watch Glass?" I asked him. "Yeah" he said making eye contact with me.