Chapter 20

*Ember's Pov*

I put the outfit that Layla had picked out for me on very hesitantly, It was a light green dress with a low cut top, that barley covered my butt. It stuck to me like a second skin, it felt like I had been poured into it. She then had me throw on a pair of heals that made a couple inches taller. Finally she had me throw on a tight jean jacket completing the look. She then threw a hairdryer at me and left me alone to dry my hair while she showered. After I had completely dried my hair I walked into to her closest looking for sweet revenge. After I found what I had been looking for I waited patiently for her to exit the bathroom before I attacked. She exited looking slightly shocked to see me waiting. I smiled sweetly holding up what I had found, a deep purple dress that had the same qualities as mine except it was if possible even shorter. "I am not wearing that." She said before turning towards her closet. "Yes you are." I said with a pout on my face. She looked at me with pleading eyes causing me to giggle and throw her the outfit. "Put it on I will find you some shoes." I say before disappearing into the closet. She returned out of the bathroom only to have heals chucked at her. "Ow." I heard her groan before sliding into the heals. "Are you ready?" She asked after she had inspected herself in the mirror. "Yep" I reply popping the p. As we make our way downstairs I become nervous. I really liked Nate he seemed like a nice guy and I really needed a nice guy in my life. I began to jitter nervously biting on my lip. "He will love it." Layla said before clearing her throat because we had reached the door. Both boys heads whipped towards us. Nate's eyes looked into mine before he looked at my outfit and growled slightly before looking away. I looked at Layla confused did I look that bad. She seemed just as confused as I did seeing as her boy had done the same thing, her face pulled into a frown. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to a sofa opposite of Nate's and in front of the boy who was standing. I looked at Nate from behind my hair to see him looking the other way with a stormy expression on his face. Feeling my stare Nate looked my way. "Ember.." He began but was cut off by His dad and a strange man entering the room.