Chapter 10

*Layla's Pov"

I am so stupid, I kissed the jerk. What was I thinking, he was not even that good looking. I don't know what came over me, he started shaking, and as soon as put my hand in his chest to comfort him, my hand tingled where it was touching him. I saw confusion and pain in his eyes and without even thinking I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to his. It seriously felt like I had just been struck by lighting. I pulled away and brought my fingers to my lips because they were burning. Before he had the chance to say anything I turned and dove into the pond. Letting the cool water incase my over heated body. I let myself be embraced by the comfort and familiarity of being surrounded by water. But something felt a little off, the water was colder causing goosebumps to form on my skin. Deciding I better go to the surface, I pushed upwards with my legs and arms. I watched as the rays of sun danced through the water that was closer to the surface. Suddenly I was yanked deeper into the water by an unknown force. Shit what was happening, I was not being pulled by a hand so I could rule out Trevor, I was simply being sucked deeper and deeper down. Like dust being sucked into a vacuum. I began thrash and kick, I screamed forgetting I was underwater, this caused me to gulp water trying to catch my breath. My lungs began to fill with water and my heart rate began to slow. My legs and arms became limp as my will to fight diminished. My eyelids fluttered shut as I sunk deeper and deeper into the blackness of the water.