Chapter 24

*Ember's Pov"

I fell on my butt again, after flying through the air. I heard Nate's quiet chuckle, causing me to grumble. Why was he so mean? Was he laughing at my pain? I was so done with this. I felt the tears welling in my eyes, we had been training all day, we had ran and jumped and kicked our way to soreness. Then we had moved to one on ones, I had to fight Layla. With makes sense because she is the only other girl. My butt, back, legs and arms hurt. I was so physical exhausted I have never worked out like this before. I had been on the verge of tears since we started the one on ones. I now felt the tears roll down my cheeks, I pulled my knees to my chest and rested my head on them. I heard Nate groan and he walked up to me slowly. "Ember are you okay." He asked reaching out to gentle brush my hair away from my face. I simply cried harder in response. "Please stop crying." He pleaded. I slowly turn and looked in to his eyes. "I can't" I stutter, burying my head back in my knees. "Ember come hear." He continues his pleads. I slowly turn into his embrace and bury my face in his chest inhaling his earthy sense. I hear him sigh in content. I felt safe and warm I close my eyes, and begin to relax. "Nate stop babying her." A new voice says and a tall lanky man who looks a few years older then me and Nate appears.