010: comfort

a/n: hey... how yall doin?🕴️lets ignore that i havent updated this in four months
─────────────────────────────

"So, how was therapy?" Kuroo's mom asked, as she sat at the edge of Kuroo's bed.

Kuroo laid in his spot on his side, staring off into space before he decided to sit up, bringing his knees up to his chest and looking at his mom. "It's, um.. it's going."

"Tetsuro, oh my goodness.." she said, touching his hand. "Are you getting any sleep?"

No, because he's a little bitch that can't handle a little guilt.

Kuroo closed his eyes and bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from snapping out loud. He shook his head before he answered. "No."

"Do you want me to get something to help you sleep?"

He stared at the hand his mom had placed hers on. "No."

She sighed, taking her hand from his. She stared at him worriedly. "What am I gonna do with you, Tetsuro? Is there anything that I can do to help?"

Kuroo looked up at her and stared, looking at her worried face. "No."

She stared back for a moment before nodding. She pat his hand and stood up. "Try to get some rest, okay?" Kuroo nodded and she smiled, leaning down to kiss his forehead then turning to leave.

Kuroo sighed and flopped back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Your mom is such a nice woman. How did she end up with a fuck-up son like you? Pushing away the only other person who ever loved you. I'm surprised Daishou still does love you, after the shit you put him through.

Kuroo dug the heels of his palms into his eyes. "Fuck, just shut the fuck up. Can't you fuck off for a day or two?"

Oh, but if I did that, then who will remind you that you're a little shit who likes to give people years and years of trauma for something they didn't even do?

"If he didn't do it, then why were you telling me he did do it and making me hate him?"

Because I like fucking with you. Don't you get that? I exist to make your life a living fucking hell, and I intend to do just that.

"'Kay, well, you've already fucked shit up, so what else do you have to do, huh? You've already made the one person I've ever loved terrified of me, you've already haunted me in my dreams about him, and you've already criticized me multiple times about how I feel about him, so what else could you possibly have to fuck up now?"

Your entire being.

...

A couple hours later, Daishou stood on the front porch, staring at the door. "God, what the fuck am I doing here? I haven't been here in ten years. Can I even show my face back here after that long?" Daishou ranted, pacing back and forth. "Y'know what, forget it. This isn't about me, this is about helping Kuroo finally get some sleep." He took a deep breath. "Okay."

He knocked on the door and rocked back and forth on his heels as he waited. Once the door opened, his whole body stiffened. The woman stared at him in complete shock, then a smile broke out on her face. "Daishou! I haven't seen you in forever, come in!" she exclaimed, ushering him in.

"Hi, Ms. Kuroo," Daishou said, as he walked into the house and took off his shoes.

"Come on, you know me. What happened to 'auntie'? Don't tell me you're shy about coming over?" she asked, as she closed the door.