Chapter 2: Loss

A/N: [This is inspired by my very first Story on Archive of our own, can be found on Google. This is near the same as the real Lego Movie timeline, except in this story, Rex's timeline never existed. The real Emmet and Lucy were separated from each other as what happened, and the events still play the same. Even with Emmet getting stuck under the dryer, he still remains his true self as in the movie, not turning into a villain like Rex did. Lucy and the others have been searching for him for years now, so this is sorta a prequel to my Ao3 story. I hope you all love it!]
__________________________________

Lucy looked out to the stars, the infinite universe in front of her, along with her friends. Or rather, the last couple of friends that bothered to help her.

Why did the others have to give up so fast? and so sudden? What did she do to deserve that? What did he do to deserve that? They were cowards. Spineless cowards for all she cared now. But at the same time, they were her family, and cared for them too much.

But, not nearly as much as she felt for him.

At first, just Three years ago, right after the Systar System and Apocalypsburg United as one, they found out he'd gone missing. They were all heartbroken, even if some refused to show it, like Batman or Metal-beard.

Even if he wasn't as tough as them, he saved them and the whole Universe before, and tried to make their lives so much more lively and colorful, no matter how Heck ish it was. They couldn't just leave him after everything he'd done for them all.

All seven of them, if counting the two new members of the friend group, Sweet Mayhem and Queen Watevra, begun searching far and wide, across entire galaxies and Star-Systems in a matter of weeks, which seemed realistically impossible, as the Universe was infinite, but somehow, they did it.

There was however, unfortunately, no success with their original findings, and slowly but surely, after a few weeks, the first of them had already given up, and assumed their friend was dead.

Batman, as arrogant, boorish, narcissistic, and 'entitled' as he was, was broken himself at losing a friend. A good man who brought nothing but kindness and joy to everyone in his life. As dark and brooding as Bruce Wayne could be, it truly saddened him to lose a member of the strange family this group of friends had built, leaving a hole in the heart of the dark knight.

He had then and there accepted this good man and great hero, was now gone.

And that... was just the beginning.

After a few months, countless people across Syspocalypstar, and the rest of the Universe began to believe this man was long dead, and the remaining searches were all for naught.

To make matters so much worse, Batman wasn't the only one in the friend group to lose hope. He was just the bowling ball made to knock over the rest of the pins.

Sooner or later, after months, to just over two years, half the group had suddenly chosen to give up on him too. After Batman, Metal-beard chose to let his assumed deceased friend rest in peace, and embrace the fact he was truly gone. The Pirate head-captain had been in mourning ever since, after losing someone who felt like a nephew to him.

Next, although they weren't official members of this family-like group, President Business and Bad-Cop/Good-Cop knew it was time to let go. They had spent billions of dollars and resources to increase funding to find their friend, but to no avail. They had to help keep Syspocalypstar's economy running to help it's people. It was heart wrenching to give up on the one who redeemed them, but they had no choice.

Then, even Queen Watevra, the happy (but sounding sassy) fair-ruling Queen of the System had lost hope as well. She had an entire Galaxy to lead, and innocent civilians to guide. She could no longer afford to continue looking for a man that hadn't been seen since Armomageddon was supposed to happen, even if he was responsible for helping bring peace to the two Galaxies.