Chapter 7.5: True love

This night was never going to end, was it...?

Getting out of her room for about the eighth time that night, Lucy had just about given up on trying to get any rest.

It had been almost five hours since she had tried to sleep. Nothing. Nothing she tried had helped her, and she thought of everything - yes, everything - in the book.

Counting sheep? No.

Warm milk? No.

A midnight snack? No!

No, no, NO!!

"UGH!" She groaned, quickly covering her mouth in fear she woke anyone up.

Looking around, realizing she hadn't done just that and stepping into the kitchen light, Lucy could be scene in her beautiful black nightgown. Only then were her boiling tears noticed streaming down her face. Only then did Lucy herself finally grasp that she was crying.

Stepping over to the window to see her reflection, the Master-builder scoffed at herself at how weak she was action.

"Look at me," She sighed. "It's like I'm a five year old who can't find their favorite toy. What's wrong with me? What's even been wrong with me these last few nights?"

The Rebel Hero searched throughout her memory, all the way to the back of her mind, for any misplaced hope of discovering why this was happening. Why was she waking up in the middle of the night for almost weeks with hot, salty tears flowing onto her cheeks?

Was it a dream? A... a nightmare, even?

No. That's ridiculous! This was Lucy. The Wyldstyle. Kick butt, adventurous leader, no-nonsense role model, and one of the greatest heroes in history! People knew - she knew - she didn't get nightmares. And even if she did, she wouldn't remember!

But... could that be it?

Could it be that her subconscious was giving her whatever nightmares were haunting her and forced them out of her memory so fast that she couldn't remember?

"Well," Lucy started. "I... I guess that could be it. But how do I find out?" Tapping her chin, the Rebel decided she may have found an answer, but it was a massive longshot.

Not to mention, it would involve some serious commitment. But it may have been the only way.

"Heh... I think it's time I go visit an old friend." And from the light, a small, genuine smile formed on her lips. However, before leaving, Lucy went back to her bedroom, opening the door as quietly as she could, and walked over to the one thing that mattered more to her than anything in the Universe.

That being her true love, the light of her life.

Emmet Brickowski isn't just Lucy's boyfriend, but the Special, and savior of the entire universe. He protected everyone from Lord Business and the Kragle, also proving himself to be incredibly innocent and kind. Not to mention, very cute.

He and Lucy fell in love their hardest for each other that day, and continued growing closer and closer ever since.

That same man Lucy fell for was now sleeping soundly in their shared bed.

The Master-builder couldn't help but melt at the sight of her sweet, little Emmet sleeping in such a position, obviously having wonderful dreams, all of which about Lucy. Not really a mystery, as the Special would always tell his friends how Lucy was his favorite part of every dream he has.

Gently stroking his hair, she bent down and placed a warm, loving kiss on his lips, pausing a moment or two to feel his smile, before pulling away. Emmet seemed as if he were about to wake up just from the intimacy from his girlfriend, but was only one of his regular smiles as if it were part of his dream.