SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
the girl in the red dress lives on

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RAE REACHED FORWARD and grabbed her knife through the gate

     RAE REACHED FORWARD and grabbed her knife through the gate. She spotted blood at the end of the blade, the liquid gleaming eerily in the night as Rae turned towards Leon, "Show me your hand."

     "What?" He asked, not moving at all.

     "I'm not speaking Swedish or something," Rae furrowed her eyebrows, ordering, "show me your hand."

     Leon waited only a second before he gave the girl his left hand. Rae glared at him, "You know I'm talking about the other one."

     "Yeah, yeah." Leon muttered under his breath as he begrudgingly gave her the wounded one. There was a thin slice on his palm that had gotten through the glove, revealing that this was the source of the blood. Rae gently prodded around the injured skin, feeling guilty for its condition.

     "Thank you." Leon gave her a confused look, so she said, "You only got that because you literally grabbed a knife to stop her from stabbing me. So... Thank you."

      Leon stared at her for a few moments before he nodded, "Yeah...No problem." If he could say what was on his mind, it'd be more like: "And I'd do it a thousand more times, just to keep you safe."

      But he kept that to himself and instead ordered, "Come on, we have to find Ashley before she gets in trouble." He took his hand back, making Rae realize that they had still been holding hands until he did so.

"With our luck," Rae sighed at the reality of her words, "she already has."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     Yet another puzzle had caused them to enter a room full of angry villagers, this time they were led by the man in the red robes holding a tall lantern. It was during this fight that Rae learned what it was for. The man had chanted and caused the villager's heads to turn into the more aggressive parasites.

     However, they were no use for Rae's seemingly unlimited amount of both normal and flash grenades. This fact led to this conversation after they had all been defeated:

     "I think I bring more to the table." Rae was, ironically, sitting upon the long table that was on the upper part of the room as she announced this.