Chapter 10

"Lou," Harry says softly, "can I have her back?"

Louis looks up at him, cradling Darcy against his chest. He shakes his head, a pout forming on his lips. "No."

"Why not?" Harry laughs fondly. 

"She's so cute," Louis coos, staring down at their daughter. "I don't want to give her to you."

"Babe, she needs to eat again before we go to sleep."

"No, I wanna hold her."

Harry shakes his head at his boyfriend. He really needs Darcy to eat. His chest is growing uncomfortable and he knows that any moment now, she's going to wake up hungry as well. "Lou, I need to feed her."

"No you don't," Louis protests, running a soft hand over Darcy's head, stroking her tiny curls. "No, I don't have to give her to you."

"Yes you do," Harry chuckles, but his heart warms at the fact that his boyfriend doesn't want to let go of their baby. "Love, she needs to eat. I need her to eat."

"No," Louis says, looking down at the sleeping baby. A tear forms in his eye as he does and Harry laughs. 

"Are you crying?" he asks with a slight chuckle. 

Louis just looks up at him and gives him a watery smile. "She's just so perfect, Haz."

"Aw, I know," Harry says softly, watching their daughter as she sighs softly in sleep. "She loves you very much."

Louis sniffles a bit. "I love her even more."

"I know you do, darling." Harry leans over to press a kiss to the side of Louis's head. His chest still feels heavy and uncomfortable though, and he knows it'll just get more painful as time goes on. So he sighs and says, "But she really needs to be fed. Please?"

"Can I hold her again when you're done?" Louis asks shyly. 

"Of course, love," Harry grins, taking their baby from Louis's arms, ignoring the way Louis still tries to cling onto her. 

Darcy wakes when she feels herself being switched between her fathers, but when she opens her eyes to see her papa holding her up to his chest, she doesn't fuss, and just begins to eat. 

"Good girl," Harry breathes out, already feeling his chest lighten as she feeds. His milk is still flowing a few minutes later, even though he's switched sides, and he breathes a sigh of relief as he feels his chest empty nearly completely. He's happy that he's still able to produce enough milk for Darcy, but he's also glad it's still not enough to get too uncomfortable for him between feedings.

Harry feels Louis's eyes on him and he chuckles. "What?"

"That's so weird," Louis muses. "Like, the whole concept of breastfeeding is so weird."

"Why?" Harry asks, smirking at him slightly. 

"I don't know," Louis throws his hands into the air. "It's just... like... you're making food for her and she's drinking it from your chest and like, it's enough to keep her alive, but like, it's coming from inside you..."

"You don't have to say it like that," Harry protests, shaking his head fondly. 

"I know, but..." Louis seems to be unable to find his words though, so he just gives up and rests his head on Harry's shoulder. "You're so cool," he says instead. 

"Am I?" Harry asks, giggling a little as Darcy stops sucking. He holds her up against his other shoulder to burp her. 

"You like, created our daughter," Louis explains. "Like, you grew her in your belly and you're keeping her alive now and you're just... you're so cool."