How it all began...

It was Valentine 's Day, February 14th, 2010.

It was the absolute worst day of my life.

You know the cliché tale of the poor girl who nabs the rich jock, stunning the entire high school body and robbing the glorious blonde cheerleader of her rank and status after she spent all of her time and effort chasing him?

Yeah, well, no one really cares about the blonde cheerleader afterwards, do they?

I'll answer for you - no, they don't.

I should know... I am that cheerleader.

As I stared at the one guy who I had tried to catch for the last couple of years since he had moved to Hillbury Estates, I could not help but wonder why. Why had it worked out like this? I had tried everything in my power to beguile him, to win him over.

And look how it ended up - they were dancing together.

He was dancing with her... not me!

"Well, that was a bust."

Will's annoying voice filtered in my ear as we watched the couple get closer. No, don't even think what you are thinking! Will Watson was anything but the kind of guy I'd go out with! He was a goth creep who just happened to be my co-conspirator to win back the guy of my dreams – Kyle Lewiston.

"What now, oh smart one?" Will's sarcastic tone usually brought me to my boiling point, but I merely shrugged as Kyle pulled his date closer.

Natalie.

Even her name made me want to vomit. There was nothing special about her. Yeah, tonight she was pretty since she was all dolled up for the Valentine's Day Dance, but usually she was nothing. A nobody. Just a plain Jane who had the claim to fame that her father was our high school's janitor. Nice pedigree. *Snort*

"Shall I find some eggs to toss their way?"

I could tell Will was joking, but the thought had merit. If he egged the girl, she would not be so pretty. But I knew it'd only serve to make Kyle angry and defensive of her, once again foiling us and our plan.

"Nah, I don't think there's anything that can help us now."

 Was I giving up? Was I throwing in the towel? I had a chance still, right? But I knew I did not. After all that Will and I had done to attempt to break the two up, all had failed. The things we had done only served to drive Natalie and Kyle closer, much to my dismay and horror. I glanced over to my partner-in-crime and sighed softly. Will wasn't much to look at since he usually wore the typical ugly black clothes, but tonight he wasn't half bad. I knew he didn't have a chance with Natalie now, despite how dressed up he was.

"Where did we fail?" I muttered, wondering how all of what we had done to them over the last few months could have been a waste of our time.

"Well, I don't know, Sandra." Will's rue showed in the tone and I hated it when he called me by my formal name. Everyone else called me "Sissy" but not Will. It was almost as if he TRIED to get under my skin day by day!

"Maybe we tried too hard." I admitted, finally, more to myself than him.

I began to think back when it all had started. When was that?

Oh, yes, the day Natalie Coleman moved into town....