Chapter 10

"Do you want to spend the night?"

That one sentence went over in Mikey's head over and over again as he laid on the spare futon in the living room. The two ate their dinner and talked for a bit more before they decided to go to bed. The day's events were still very heavy on his mind as he stared at the blank ceiling above him. The rain outside and a bump here and there were the only noises he could hear as he laid in the dark hoping sleep would take him.

Not that it mattered much since he wasn't going to school tomorrow anyways. With the whole thing that went down it would be hot gossip for a long while. And he wasn't in the mood to be there at the peak of that shit, he had too many problems to deal with already. He turned off his back and onto his side to get a change of scenery of the apartment. He was faced with some clothes and the bottom of the refrigerator, Ken-chin should really clean this place up. He chuckled at the thought of an embarrassed Draken getting flushed at Mikey telling him to do so. He could imagine the tall boy rubbing the back of his shaved head, eyes looking away shyly as he mumbled under his breath. He started to notice that he did that when he was super nervous or awkward which Mikey thought was cute.

Ken is such a strong guy in the ways that matter. And I love strong guys.

Thump! Thump!

He shot up from his futon shiver covering his body as his heart beat a bit differently in his chest. A warm odd feeling covered his cheeks as he thought over what he said to himself. It brought him back to the party Kisaki had and how he felt when wrapping his tiny yet strong arms around Draken's waist. The smell of his cologne enveloping his sense of smell, it brought him a sense of peace as they rode into the cold night. The worm down fabric of the Draken Jean jacket for an odd reason felt nice against the skin of his cheek. Or it could have been because it was a Draken jacket too which wouldn't surprise him.

As he thought about then and now along with the little moments in between it was clear that Mikey had feelings for the other boy. Kicking off his blanket he got up and grabbed his phone before going to the bathroom quietly. When he got to the door he slowly turned the doorknob and entered the room turning on the light. He flinched at the sudden bright lights and waited for his vision to adjust to the lit environment. Placing his phone on the toilet back top and putting the lid down he went to the sink to wake himself up a bit. Since sleep was being a dick and didn't want to come to him.

When he looked into the mirror it was apparent that he was tired. He had slight bags under his eyes and the whites of them were a bit red as well. His hair needed to be brush and maybe even washed, he took his hair out of its mini ponytail. Turned on the water cupped his hands and splashed himself to get some energy. The cool water was shocking but refreshing as he did it a couple more times before turning the water off. He glanced at his phone to see that it was 2 in the morning, he groaned as he grabbed his phone and went back to his sleeping spot.

"Wish I had some melatonin to help me sleep," he whispered to himself. Once he got settled again he mind wandered back to Draken and his feelings for him. Though they were nice and a bit unfamiliar to him he felt that acting on those feelings wouldn't do anyone any good. Especially now with everything that happened with Haruchiyo today. Why should he date someone as great as Ken-chin when he did something like that to another person? But just as that u pleasant thought entered his head a very recent memory did the same. When he first told Draken about him and Haruchiyo history, the anger the taller boy was giving gave him pause once more. The fact that Mikey was going to throw away their relationship so quickly before giving him a chance to have a say in the matter. Even after the time had passed he was still taken aback but thr passion Draken had over them kept their friendship alive despite what Mikey had done in the past. For a brief moment it gave him a glimpse of hope that maybe they could go further in the future, just maybe. He closed his eyes once more and tried hard to let sleep take him.