[09.] A Girl In A Boy Group

CHAPTER NINE

Throughout the date, Jin and Dao mostly talked about her move from Thailand to Korea. She told him about her audition and how she passed it before coming to see him at the fan meeting that day. He even told her, he was proud of her.

The only thing Jin forgot to ask and Dao forgot to tell him was which company she was a trainee for. He found out two days later though when he and BTS went to their dance practice. Obviously, they weren't practicing on the same floor as the trainees were but Jin had to start on the first floor to get to the higher ones through the elevator.

He was with Yoongi when he saw Dao walking down the hallway. Jin couldn't believe his eyes. Currently, Big Hit didn't have any girl groups in training let alone debuting so why was she in the Big Hit building? Jin made up a half-assed excuse to Yoongi before ditching the second-oldest member and going to find Dao.

Dao didn't realize anyone was following her, let alone Jin. She was texting Boun back and congratulating him on finishing his latest series. She was promising him that when she had the time, she'd definitely watch it. Dao clicked her phone off and turned the corner before walking into the room that held her members.

TOMORROW X TOGETHER

They were all taking a quick break as they waited for Dao to come back to the room. When she stepped inside they immediately got back to their feet to continue the practice.

Jin stopped to watch them through the two-way mirror, which was mostly used by the instructors and evaluators. He saw as one of the boys walked right up to Dao and whispered something in her ear. Jin wasn't really sure why, but for some reason, he didn't think he liked the sight he was seeing.

"What's wrong?" Dao mouthed when she noticed Beomgyu looking down and frustrated.

Yeonjun glanced at the younger boy before walking up to Dao and muttering under his breath. "He's still not getting that one move."

Out of all of them, besides Dao, Yeonjun, and Taehyun, Beomgyu was considered one of their best dancers. Whenever they practiced choreography, Beomgyu was the first one to always master the moves to perfection. But with this specific piece of choreography for their latest evaluation, Beomgyu wasn't getting it at all. He wasn't feeling it in the music and kept missing the timing, which made him lag behind the rest.

"I think I've got it!" Dao grinned as a lightbulb moment hit her. She was remembering what Noeul taught her whenever she got stuck on choreography or was at a loss for inspiration. "We should freestyle," Dao suggested.

"What?" Soobin was the first to ask while the others just looked confused.

"Trust me," Dao said. "We're too tense in trying to get this choreography perfect. The routine we keep repeating isn't working, so we need to loosen up in our dance moves for a bit."

Yeonjun immediately understood what Dao was doing because he did it too, especially on days when he lacked rhythm and feeling for what he was doing. "We should try it," he told them.

It was one thing for their group's noona or hyung to suggest something but another thing when they both suggested it and agreed to it. Yeonjun and Dao were like the mom and dad of the group and it was never a good idea to defy their parents.

"Let's try it," Soobin said after a few seconds.

He hesitantly nodded as he looked back at Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Kai. One by one they all agreed, although they were still confused about it.

Yeonjun started the song from the beginning again except this time they weren't following the choreography but just the feeling of the music traveling through their bodies. As expected, Yeonjun and Dao took the lead.

Jin listened to the song and paid serious attention from behind the large mirror. He also couldn't express in words how unexpected Dao was when she started to dance. He guessed she was a pretty good dancer but in no way did Jin expect what he saw from her. She was a rookie in the industry, who just started out as a trainee around a month ago and yet she was already on this level. Even Hobi would be impressed.

She wasn't following the usual moves a girl would. Not light and easy. Though she wasn't forcing herself into a boy's role either. It wasn't pumping and energy-consuming. It was just her.

Dao didn't dance to her own beat or rhythm but instead matched herself perfectly to the beat and the rhythm of the song. It was as if she felt what to do in her bones. Almost like the music itself was controlling her actions. Her moves were smooth, the power she put into them was just the right amount, and the fluidity she exhibited was insane.

Dao was completely freestyling.

The other members followed Dao and Yeonjun's examples and just let go of themselves. They enjoyed the music and let the vibe of it determine what their bodies ended up doing.

When it came to the part of the song that Beomgyu had been stuck on, he suddenly stopped goofing around and freestyling, and somehow flawlessly mastered the choreography. Simultaneously everyone stopped dancing and immediately cheered for him.

"Woahhhh!" they howled.

"You did it!" Soobin clapped and grinned.

Taehyun and Kai came up behind Beomgyu and attacked him with pats of congratulations on his back and chest. Yeonjun gave him a thumbs up while Dao just smiled.

"Noona! Hyung! I did it!" Beomgyu exclaimed, not quite believing it.

"Of course you did," Dao laughed at him.

"Practice makes perfect," Yeonjun said. "You're a pro and that's a go-pro," he joked making even Jin laugh from his secret viewing area.

Soobin and Dao laughed at Yeonjun's dad joke too, Beomgyu only smiled awkwardly, and Taehyun and Kai shook their heads. Yeonjun really loved telling dad jokes, sometimes they were funny but a lot of the time they were just embarrassing. Jin could relate to that and to Yeonjun since Jin was the one in BTS who was known for his dad jokes.

Jin didn't understand the situation Big Hit had put Dao into but she seemed okay with it. She looked happy and comfortable. He was still figuring out why it was that he didn't like the sight of it but other than that he had no problems knowing that Dao was only a few floors under him and BTS.