𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

"We're neighbours!?" I squealed.

I blinked twice before I could even begin to process the situation. 'I lived next to the main character?' I pondered, unable to understand my luck.

"Good grief." The pinkette grumbled to himself, not bothering to face my astonished face.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed so heavily I could hear it ring in my ears from ten metres away.

It was as if I could read his thoughts from his expression. He was probably complaining about how dreadful his life will be and possibly contemplating to move far, far away. Those are just predictions though.

Sometimes I wish I could read thoughts; his thoughts.

As I zoomed back into the present moment, I heard a door slam abruptly which made me jump out of my skin.

Someone must be pissed...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚

I was laying on my stomach, on the edge of trailing off in my thoughts rather than concentraring on my draining maths homework.

I don't see what the big deal was. I mean technically, I should be the one that's bothered most by this; I have to be aware of my thoughts at all times now...

But I guess having to listen to my thoughts isn't ideal either...

No! Don't have sympathy towards that emotionless little psychic, he doesn't deserve it.

I resumed solving algebra, sipping on my apple juice every now and then. I was stuck. I was stick on question 23 for around half an hour before I came up with a genius idea.

I might as well use having an omniscient psychic next door to my advantage, right? Sorry Saiki in advance.

As I change into a comfier plain tee and some grey sweat pants, I gather my pencil case and notebook and head straight next door to the psychic.

I knocked on the door. Silence.

I knocked on the door twice. Silence.

When I tried to knock on the door for the third time it suddenly whipped open, revealing an exasperated Saiki.

No hello or how are you just an exaggerated groan.

"I was wondering whether you could help me with this maths homework..." I finally managed to announce.

"I'm not your tutor." He replied nonchalantly.

'Wait. That's a great idea!' I thought.

"But you could be!" I squealed.

"Go away." Just as he threatened to slam the door in my face, I grabbed the handle and pulled it wide open.

"I'll get you all the coffee jelly you want." I rushed. My eyes met his glistening ones. "And other sweets too of course..." I covered up the obvious hint that I knew too much.

He simply nodded and moved out of the door way to let me into the house.

His parents weren't home which was disappointing in a way but I guess it would have been too distracting.

I entered his room. It was painted blue. It felt almost hollow and dull, as if no one was living here. Chills sent down my spine as I shuddered at the sense of absence in the atmosphere.

I dropped my things on his desk and stood there awkwardly, twiddling my thumbs.

"We can work on my bed." He said.

'Oh God, that feels a little too comfortable to be on his bed already.'

"Or the floor if you'd prefer."

I realised in that moment that he wasn't wearing the ring. 'Shit'.

I moved my stuff to floor as Saiki grabbed two pillows for us to sit on.

"It's this question," I pointed to question 23. "I don't understand what to do."

"This is going to cost you many coffee jellies." He sighed.

As we settled in, he scribbled notes on my page, showing me how to work the question out. I nodded with every swirl of the pen as I took in his features. His standing out glasses and his pink antennae.

'Concentrate Y/N' I scolded myself silently.

We worked on the rest of the questions together until it got really late and we both got really dreary...

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。゚☁︎⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆