~5~ Dinner and Romance?

The photo above is Baba, aka Gavril Amahle (angel). He likes to smoke cigars.

Avyanna POV

Running with Hyun Ki on my back is far more challenging than I thought but so much fun. He is giggling up a storm; that is all I care about now. I know I have no chance in hell to win this race. I did this to make all my siblings smile and ease the tension I knew that they were feeling. When I finally reach the steps, they start to cheer for me; I use the last of my energy to sprint up the steps, and Hyun Ki's smile is the largest I have seen in the past few days, making me the happiest big sister in the world. I set him down, and we all head inside to eat dinner. The hall was beautiful. The ceiling was painted, and the mural was something from a dream. It looked amazing. It depicted the four seasons of the same grove, showing the different races and animals that loved that season. The mural's center was still being painted, but I could see the outline of a ginormous tree that I instantly knew would be the Tree of Life. Kat took my left hand, pulled me along, and snapped me out of my trance. "Kathaleen, the mural is beautiful! Do you know who is painting it?!" She looks up and says, "That is beautiful, but no, we could ask Byung-ho if he knows who." 

Nodding my head, we follow our siblings, and I listen to them explain how the dining system works. "You type your student passcode into the screen, and then the self-serve station changes to what foods are normally eaten among your race. But for us, since we have been raised differently than the others, we get a mixed selection, and each time something different will appear." Watching as others get their food, I smile and wait my turn. "How will I know my code? No one has told it me yet?" Byung-ho smiles and says, "Just tap new student, and it will have you fill out a short questionnaire."

Selecting the new student option, I read the questions and answered them.

Name: Avyanna Ogden
Age: 19
Date of Birth: March, 20th

"What is your race?" Scrolling, I looked for a human, but it wasn't there; however, at the bottom, one said enter your own. Tapping that, I then typed human and moved to the next question.

Are you allergic to anything? Dairy from cow milk.

Pick from a selection of the example foods below so the enchantment can feel what you like. Over time it will learn your preferences and will be able to know what you want and dislike.

From the options there, I click non-dairy mac n cheese, pasta salad, pizza with no cheese and add your tags, meatloaf, chicken and dumplings, egg drop soup, corned beef, three bean salad, cobb salad with no cheese, non-dairy strawberry shortcake, dark chocolate soy hot chocolate, coffee with an array of non-dairy creamers, and a bunch of breakfast foods and different sandwiches. After that, it gives me a number code, 867-5309. It made me smirk, and I started humming the song as I grabbed my tray and looked at the options the enchantment set out for me.

I grabbed a small bowl of tomato basil soup, a BLT with mayonnaise and avocado, some oatmeal raisin cookies, and a glass of sweet tea. I then walked to the table my siblings were sitting at and, on the way, almost fell to the floor. Something had tripped me, but someone caught me. The arm that held me felt warm against my skin, and I felt a fluttering in my chest.