Chapter 9- Mutual Feelings

Angel-"Y/N, why don't you write any love songs?"

Y/N-"I've never been in love. I can't write about something I know nothing about."

That was a big fucking lie, you were totally falling in love. With whom? With Angel, that's who. It had been a couple days since what you refer to as "The Alastor Incident", and Angel had really started to grow on you. Nobody knew, and you wanted to keep it that way. You had died thousands of times, killed thousands of angels and millions of sinners, you stood up to God himself, yet you were scared of what Angel would think if he knew you had feeling for him.

It started with simple admiration, appreciating his attractiveness. Then you started having thoughts about Angel, romantic, sometimes sexual thoughts about him. You tried not to dwell on these thoughts, as you felt ashamed of them. You began avoiding him since you didn't want to make an ass of yourself around him. It was weird. For the first time in a long time, you cared about somebody's opinion on you. You wanted to tell him, but you didn't know how.

The only person other than Angel that you for sure didn't want to know about your feelings was Charlie, since she would probably blab about it to Angel, on accident. On second thought, maybe she should know. She would keep it a secret since it meant so much to you, and she was always talking about how you should be in a relationship. You were both at the hotel, so decided to tell her.

Y/N-"Hey, Charlie."

Charlie-"What's up?"

Y/N-"There's something I gotta tell you about. In private."

You and Charlie went to a different room where nobody was, you looked around to make sure that nobody was eavesdropping on your conversation.

Charlie-"What's going on with you?"

Y/N-"Well... Do you remember a few months ago, me and you were hanging out, and you started asking about me and Angel?"

Charlie-"Yeah, right before The Extermination?"

Y/N-"Yes. Remember how you asked me if I wanted to be "Just friends" with Angel?"

Charlie-"... What are you getting at?"

Y/N-"Um... Fuck. I don't want to be "Just friends" with Angel anymore."

Charlie was now bouncing off the walls with excitement.

Charlie-"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! Really!?"

Y/N-"Pipe down!" You looked around for people again, nobody was there.

Y/N-"Yes, really."

Charlie-"When are you gonna tell him?"

Y/N-"... I don't know. I don't know the first thing about relationships. I've never had feelings like this before."

Charlie-"I'm pretty sure Angel feels the same way as you do."

Y/N-"Now's not the time for jokes."

Charlie-"No, I'm serious. He's already made it VERY clear that he finds you attractive. And I know you're kind of oblivious when it comes to being hit on or picking up on emotions, but he is clearly into you."

Y/N-"... You really think so?"

Charlie-"I'm positive. You really haven't noticed how he acts around you?"

Y/N-"I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to notice!"

Charlie-"Well, he might avoid eye contact with you."

Y/N-"... Charlie."

Charlie-"What?"

Y/N-"How am I supposed to know if he's avoiding eye contact with me if he can't see my eyes in the first place?"

Charlie-"Okay, forget that, that was stupid."

You walked to the nearest chair and sat down, head in your hands.

Y/N-"What am I gonna do?"

(Meanwhile)

Angel was at a bar with Cherri. They were having a fun time, and then Angel asked Cherri a question.

Angel-"Hey, Cherri?"

Cherri-"What?"

Angel-"Why do you think Y/N's been avoiding me?"

Cherri let out a sigh as if this was a stupid question. She and Angel sat down to talk.

Cherri-"He likes you."

Angel-"... WHAT?!"

Cherri-"Yeah, he's totally into you."

Angel-"Has he told you that?"

Cherri-"No."

Angel-"Then how do you know?"

Cherri-"It's pretty obvious. And the only reason that he doesn't know that you like him is because he's avoiding you."

There was a silence, Angel was thinking about what he was going to do.

Angel-"... You're sure he likes me?"

Cherri-"Fuck yeah, I'm sure. You know what? I'll ask him."

Angel-"... He'll probably avoid your question."

Cherri-"Well, I can ask him, or you can tell him how you feel."

There was a silence.

Angel-"... You know what? I'll tell him."

(Meanwhile)

Y/N-"I don't know what to do."

Charlie-"Well, you could-"

Husk-"You could stop being a pussy and just tell him."

Both you and Charlie jumped back away from Husk.

Y/N-"How long have you been there?"

Husk-"For the past couple of minutes."

Y/N-"... Fuck."

Husk-"Don't worry, I won't tell anybody."

Y/N-"You better not. I need a fuckin' drink."

Husk, Charlie, and yourself walked to the bar and you and Charlie sat down. Husk got you a drink and you downed it, then you got another drink, and another.

Charlie-"You should slow down."

Y/N-"... Yeah, you're right."

Husk-"You know, I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff, but I think it be easier for you if you just told him. And if you don't, maybe I'll tell him."

Y/N-"(Slurring your words) Listen... I know it would be easier to just tell him, but it's fuckin' scary. And I know (Hiccup) what your thinking, I know you think that I'm being a little bitch. How could I be scared when I've stood up to God, but this is a different fear, a worse fear. The worst fear is the fear of what somebody thinks of you, that's the fear I'm feeling now."

Charlie gave you a pat on the back and reassured you that everything would be fine,

Charlie-"Angel should be back soon, maybe you can tell him then."

Y/N-"... Not right away, though."

Charlie-"Why?"

Y/N-"I've got a buzz goin' on right now, if you couldn't tell."

Little did you know that Angel had walked through the door and heard everything from "Angel should be back soon...".

Angel-"What were you going to tell me?"

(Hi, I'm so sorry this chapter took so long and that it's shorter than the others. I hate to keep y'all waiting like this, I hit a lot of writer's block. I hope y'all have a good day or night, and thank you for staying with the story for this long. Cheers!)