10| adamant

MARIE

Once I drove in, his car came in shortly after proving my suspicions correct. He was following me. When I left the cemetery, I had a gut feeling that he was following me and I was right. He was adamant on not leaving me alone. Couldn't he just get the message and leave me alone?.

I punched the steering wheel and screamed loudly inside the car. I stopped out of breath and scoffed. I stepped out of the car and walked inside. Lisa was excited, ecstatic to see me even. She really did love my bitchy ass. But I felt bad for putting her through so much already.

" Ma'am," she hurried over to examine me. My heart softened at the action. She was dead worried. It showed in every action.

" Lisa, forgive me for putting you through my problems. I am sorry." I apologized, sending her a small smile.

" Oh you don't have to. I'm nothing but a servant, you don't own me an apology." She looked away shyly. That made me feel ten times bad.

" Nonsense." I bit the insides of my cheeks. He didn't need to interrupt no one needed him to talk.

" Only a selfish person would make others worry about their shit." He grumbled. I turned slowly.

" Was that directed at me?." I folded my arms.

" I wasn't talking to you, Marie." His voice was cold. A voice he had never used on me.

" Lisa please get back to what you were doing. It's my fault everything is turning out so wrong, forgive me." He gestured Lisa to leave. She smiled and shook her head.

" I am going to my room," I glared at him.

" It's your business not mine." He walked past me like he didn't care. He didn't care?. Wasn't he going to say anything about it.

" I'm going to fucking turn on the tap until the whole place get flooded!" My arms flew in the air before coming down to my sides.

He just walked up the stairs.

" Balthazar!," He paused and continued walking up the flight of stairs.

" Hey!, Why aren't you saying anything?!, Say something!" I huffed.

" Marie?" I turned, faking a smile.

" There's an event next week, I'm supposed to show up with my wife, so you better start looking for a dress." He gestured to my body.

" Don't call me that!" I warned.

" Call you what?," He leaned on the rails.

" The one you just said,"

Was I blushing?. What the hell was wrong with me?.

" I don't remember saying anything out of line." He shrugged nonchalantly.

" You called me your wife." It rolled off my tongue like daggers.

" That's not a sin. We're married or did you happen to have an amnesia a couple of nights ago?" I couldn't read his expression.

" I am not your wife!" I stared into his eyes.

" The sooner you start accepting that you're now Mrs Marie Balthazar Benedict, the better for you and I." He smirked.

" I would never accept it. Fuck off!" I ran up the same flight of stairs but he gripped my arm, making us have a face off.

" One more thing, you're forbidden to leave my house until I say so." He stated.

" You don't mean that, do you?" My voice came out raspy from shock.

" You're being a spoilt brat, a punishment will set you straight." His warm breath fanned my face.

" Fuck you." I spat.

" Don't even try of throwing another tantrum or I'll be forced to lock you up, Marie. Don't tempt me." He gritted out and let go off my hand.

" And if I do?"

" Maybe bounding you would be better."

He disappeared from my sight.

" Ah!"