Epilogue

Callan had a few complications whilst slipping back into consciousness. It was the most tragic moment. One moment he was looking around then the next he was finding it hard to breathe.

Nonetheless he had woken up and staring both of us like we were aliens especially Isadora. The nurse helped push the wheelchair towards his bed.

" Marie." He leaned over and placed a kiss to my forehead. The kiss felt like I'd disappear if he kissed me harder.

" I missed you." I cried holding him tight. I couldn't bare to loose him again. To go through that pain of watching him almost lifeless.

" You have no idea how many times I lost you in my dreams." He sniffled.

Isadora who had been in Balthazar's arms all this while started crying. He looked confused, extremely confused that the lines on his forehead deepened with each thought.

I gestured to Balthazar to come forward. He looked deeply into Callan's eyes and nodded to confirm whatever they were communicating.

I sighed.

" She's yours." I whispered, tears of joy running down my already wet cheeks.

" My- my daughter," he scooped closer to the edge. I had never seen so much love for a person and I was proud of myself for once in my entire life. I got one thing right. I gave my children the most loving fathers. Just like mine.

They'd do anything for them. They were their world.

" She looks just like you," Balthazar hugged Callan. He had missed his best friend. The puzzle was complete.

" Isadora. " Balthazar announced.

I wish I had a camera to capture that moment. The light in Callan's eyes. The gratefulness, contentment.

" You remembered."

" Always." He patted Callan's back.

" She needs a full name," I giggled.

He nodded.

" You can take all the time you need." I sniffled. It was too much information at once. One you wake up from a coma, then almost die, and find out you have a newborn daughter. It was too much for a day but my Callan was taking it so well.

" Isadora Dochertys Pride."

" She's everything I've ever asked for and more. She's my pride, my precious gemstone , my world." He gently stroked her cheeks..she stirred and went back to sleep.

" Thank you Marie. Thank you." He hugged me.

" Man you have the strongest genes I can think of." Balthazar teased.

" Look who's talking." Balthazar shrugged nonchalantly.

" Well Alonso and I are literal twins."

We burst into laughter. The room went silent afterwards. My gazes centered on eachother.

" I choose both of you."

And those words were all that we needed and wanted.

I choose both of you.

The END.