53| panic

The last few days has been about Balthazar bonding with Alonso. He spent the weekend over at Callan's and I was on my way to pick him up. I parked outside of his mansion and stumbled inside, pushing away all my nervousness. I stumble inside, the warm house.

I was supposed to pick him at 6pm but a meeting held me back. Lisa was busy taking care of my mum, Thea and Blair were also with me. The reason I didn't ask him to drop Alonso off at our mansion.

I blew my cheeks out as I walked towards the door slightly left ajar.

I paused at the door, I slowly peered inside. Balthazar was sitting on the bed whilst he watched Alonso sleep. My heart leaped into my throat at the sight.

" Sleep my boy." He whispered,loud enough I could hear him.

The lights in the house flickered, causing me to jump and make him notice me.

No, I shouldn't have jumped.

" Marie," he walked out closing the door behind him.

" I was about to call you, I was wondering if he could spend the night there, I will take him to daycare tomorrow morning?"

I was lost in his eyes.

They said when love doesn't disappear even in old age then it was meant to be.

" Marie," I snapped out of it.

" Mhm, yes?" I raised my brows questionably.

" I was asking if Alo could spend the night with me?"

Oh right. That was what he was say.

" Mhm, yes, I mean why not, as long as it's not a big problem," a hint of jealousy in my voice.

If he decided to have Angelina over. There was no way in hell I was going to let her touch my son.

" Alo is never a problem Marie." He shrugged. I nodded.

" I wanted to show you something," Balthazar said enthusiastically.

" Of course," I followed him, studying how his back moved.

I exhaled sharply and averted my gaze.

We stopped at the kitchen before he excused himself to go in the back.

He returned with two bottles of wine. Each of different colour.

"I've been specializing in this wine for the past one year, it's finally ready and I wanted you to be the first to taste it."

My heart melted. Just like when he made his first bottle of whiskey.

" Balthazar you don't,"

" I insist, Marie. The first one is quite strong and the this one is very low in alcohol since I was going for a more sweeter but sour taste.'" he poured it into two different glasses.

I decided to go for the sweet wine. It tastes exquisite. Like so sweet, I wanted to down the whole bottle.

" Wow," I placed it back, licking my lips.

" I love it. You're such a great liquor maker." I complimented.

" I'm nervous about this one." He handed the strong one to me.

It was velvety, strong, and yet it had the taste of strawberry. If one thing was clear, Balthazar also loved his strawberries.

I hissed bringing it back to the counter.

" If I don't get a special,signed bottle of this, I'll kill you." I joked.

He laughed.

" What do you think I should name it?" He asked.