Chapter One: Burger

Wilbur awoke from his slumber tired af. He got up from his uncomfortable bed and stumbled across his apartment to the kitchenette. He quickly made a tea and chugged it before slipping on his gas station job jacket.

Wilbur stepped out of his apartment into the streets of his home town in Utah. He walked down the side walk towards the costco gas station. Wilbur stepped inside and jumped behind the counter, taking customers orders right away. A teenager walked up and pointed at the hot food compartment.

"I want that burger." he demanded. Wilbur leaned over to take the burger out and give it to the kid but he paused. His eyes sparkled upon glacé at the magnificent sandwich. The bread was perfectly toasted, the lettuce had the most elegant shine to it, the patty was juicy, the cheese was all melty. Every bit of the burger, from the sesame seeds to the ketchup sauce was perfect.

"Well are you gonna give it to me?" The teenager said angrily. Wilbur took the burger carefully and the teen reached out to take it. He looked at the kid, then at the burger a few times. Wilbur couldn't just give away this perfect sandwich, and he wouldn't.

Wilbur punched the kid in the face before tossing himself over the counter and sprinting out of the gas station into the desert of Utah, his beloved burger still in hand. People behind him shouted but Will didn't care, he had his burger, and the burger had him.