☆02 | Reed's Protector ☆

☆ Chapter 02 ☆

There is just something about the warm sun rays when they fall onto your face that make you feel so warm and fuzzy. At peace. Alexa loved the feeling, unless it's shining in her face bright and early in the morning when she had very little sleep because of a dear, very druken friend who refused to go to sleep last night.

Groaning Alexa rolled over to look at the alarm clock 06:00 am. How wonderful. Signing because she knew she would not be able to get back to sleep. Alexa sits up straight, putting on her fluffy slippers in front of her and heading to he bathroom.

After she did her business, she made a beeline for the kitchen. Coffee is all she needs right now. Tapping water into the kettle, she switches it on before heading for the cabinet. Taking out 2 cups and a glass, Alexa heads over to another cabinet and take put to pain pills. Filling the glass with water, she go and place them on the bedside table next to where Amanda is sleeping like a log. Opening the curtain a bit for much needed light.

Hearing the kettle, Alexa headed back and made herself a strong cup of coffee. There is no sugar and only a dash of milk. Taking a sip, she sighed.

Heading over to the fridge, she took out egg and other ingredients for an English breakfast she decided she is going to make for them.

Opening her eyes, she immediatelyclench them shut again. Amanda groaned painfully at the too bright light invading her space.

I'm going to kill Alexa for this. Amanda thought. What on earth possessed Alexa to open the curtain?

Turning around, she sees 2 pills with a glass of water, and next to it, a sticky note that says,'Good Morning, Sunshine!' Huh, Funny. Alexa idea of a joke.

Sitting up onto her elbow, Amanda drove the, what she assumes is pain pills and lying back down. Pulling the blanket over her head.

Although it wasn't long before the smell of bacon kept Amanda of her sleep. Much needed sleep or heavenly bacon? It's a tlught choice to make, but after a few minutes of debating, Amanda got up and stomped to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" Alexa tried to hide the shit eating grin behind her cup of coffee in her hand when she saw the half asleep clearly hangover state that her friend came stumbling into the kitchen with.

"You think my pain is funny?" Amanda glared at her beat friend.

"No, of course not! I was genuinely asking out of concern for my best friend." Alexa said, now giggling.

Turning around, Alexa flipped the bacon around before handing the cup of coffee she had just made for Amanda.

"Thank you, you are an angel!" Amanda, greedily drink the very sweet coffee.

"There are only 2 things that can get you out of bed so early when hangover... you smelled the bacon, didn't you?" Alexa smirked at her friend.

"You know it! Now, what is my fine chef making for us this morning?" Amanda grinned, trying to see inside the pans on the stove from where she is sitting.

"But of course, your favorite. A classic English breakfast." Alexa said with a fake brittish accent as she popped the toast in the toaster.