Chapter 15

The Following Day

At the GCPD, newly appointed Commissioner Essen was in front of the whole GCPD. "You all know what we're facing here. Forty-eight hours ago, seven criminally-insane inmates were busted out of Arkham Asylum." Sarah said to everyone with Jim standing next to her. "Yesterday, five of those inmates broke into Yellen Shipyard, kidnapped seven workers, then dropped them off the roof of the Gotham Gazette. As of now, we still have no leads on the person or persons behind the breakout. Jim Gordon's lead." Sarah said to them then she looks at Jim. "Jim." Sarah said to Jim as she stepped to the side allowing Jim to speak. "These are our targets." Jim said as he walks over to the projector and a picture of Jerome Valeska. "Jerome Valeska, 18 years old. Matricide." Jim said to them then he clicks a button and Arnold Dobkins's picture was up. "Arnold Dobkins, schizophrenic. Poisoner, rapist." Jim said to them while looking around at the cops before clicking the button again then Aaron Helzinger's picture was up. "Aaron Helzinger. Killed his entire family with his bare hands." Jim said to them then he clicks the button again then Robert Greenwood's picture was up with some blood on his shirt and mouth. "Robert Greenwood. Killed and then ate a dozen women." Jim said to them then he presses the button again and Barbara Kean's picture was up. "Barbara Kean." Jim said to them while sharing the picture of her. "Killed her parents." Jim said to them. Jim clicked again and Sebastian's picture was up making Jim take a deep breath. "Sebastian Gordon." Jim said as he can feel eyes on him. "He was involved in a nighttime killing spree, killing many families before coming to Gotham and killing even more people with his hands." Jim said then he turns off the projector and turned to everyone. "We're going to work this in groups of four. I'll hand out assignments throughout the day. Alvarez is my coordinating officer. Any questions?" Jim asks them and he looks around to see no one raise their hand. "Let's get to work." Jim said to them and the officers started chatting with each other as they spread out. Jim walks over to his desk and looks at a folder with his brother's name and picture on it. Doctor Strange, who was killed by Sebastian, discovered that they were administering the electroshock treatment to Sebastian thinking it can make him feel better. Jim looks at his brother's picture and realizes he must assist Sebastian in any way he can.

At the Galavan's penthouse

Sebastian woke up seeing he was still in Jerome's room. "Morning, Sebby." Jerome said while jumping onto Sebastian's chest. "Get off me." Sebastian said to him trying to push Jerome off him. "Don't be like that." Jerome said to him and he touches Sebastian's burned right side. Sebastian stops as Jerome leans down to him and hugs Sebastian. Jerome looks at Sebastian's face to see he was emotionless. "You okay?" Jerome asks him while Sebastian sits up in the bed. "I was not created to be loved by anyone." Sebastian said to him. "Before we had intercourse, you mentioned that and I don't care." Jerome said to him making Sebastian look at the clock. "I want to be with you." Jerome said to him making Sebastian look at him. "No." Sebastian said to him making Jerome jumps onto his chest. "You are aware that I am the only person who can support you even though I am equally as insane as you." Jerome said to him. "Okay, we can exist as a thing." Sebastian said to him making Jerome smile. "It'll be enjoyable, and I might even start calling you Sebby." Jerome said to him. "I don't like where this is going." Sebastian said to him then he pushes Jerome off his lap. "And you can call me..." Jerome said while thinking of a name nick that Sebastian can use. Sebastian gets out of bed to put his clothes on again while Jerome stares at Sebastian. "You can call me, Mr. J." Jerome said to him making Sebastian look at him. "Or maybe Puddin." Jerome said to him making Sebastian laugh a little. "I'm not calling you Puddin." Sebastian said to him. "Why not?" Jerome asks him while putting on his dark blue pajama. "Considering how ridiculous it is." Sebastian said to him while Jerome puts on a red robe and he walks over to Sebastian. "Then feel free to call me whenever you want." Jerome said to him Sebastian receives a kiss from Jerome as he wraps his arms around his neck.