How you met

Ben Drowned

(This will be in first person pov)

The snow was dense piled up in front of my cabin. The wind howling viciously outside. I stood in front of my large window wearing extra thick (f/c) socks, a pair of shorts and a oversized shirt. The heaters and fireplace heating my home up pleasingly inside.

Staring outside. Living close to a lake had its perks but also it's downsides. In summers it's nice to swim in but in winters it just makes everything so much colder.

I took a sip of the hot beverage I held, on to with both hands, for some extra heat, while keeping my gaze outside. Squinting my eyes I moved my head a bit forwards thinking I saw what looked to be the silhouette of a child outside near the lake.

I blinked a couple of times and moved a bit closer to the window, only to see nothing but snow.

Guess I'm sleep deprived....

Standing there for a while longer I kept vison my eyes fixed on the spot I thought I saw someone just to make sure there really wasn't anyone.

After being extra certain I finished the last dip of my hot beverage before placing it done on the window sill.

I checked one last time before turning around and leaving and making my way to the bathroom to have a hot bubble bath.

Opening the cold tap I rinsed and cleaned out the tub with some liquid soap and a sponge I have in the bathroom cabenit. I quickly washed all around the tub before using the bathtub hose thingy to rinse out the tub.

After rinsing out all the soap I opened the hot tap, putting the bathtub plug in and letting the hot water fill the tub.

The bathroom steaming up is my favorite part.

The little mirror against the wall above the sink, steaming up and making it impossible to even see your reflection.

I smiled and closed the hot tap once the bathtub was nearly full, opening the cold tap to just add a bit of cold water. I took of my shirt and shorts and any underwear I had underneath.

Taking my socks off with my feet, using my one foot to step on the opposite sock and pulling it down, pulling my foot out the sock and kicking it to the side.
Doing the same on the other side.

Putting my hand in the water I mixed it around a bit making sure the water won't boil me alive. Smiling in content as the water was the perfect temperature, I closed the cold tap.

Placing my legs in the water one by one I sat on the side of the tub just relishing the moment before getting in completely and slowly melting right into the hot comfort.

Practically boiling hot water surrounding my body. I laid back letting the water cover my entire body until it reached under my face.

Rela-

My moment of peace was cut off when my vision suddenly went foggy and I unexpectedly couldn't breath. My whole body went numb and felt like pins and needles.

Freezing cold water swathed my body and I realized what was going on. Struggling as much as I could before finally I was above water again.

I sprung up and nearly broke my neck falling out of the tub. My breathing ragged as I coughed and tried to comprehend what just happened.

Water was splashed all over the floor and it was freezing. The once hot steam that filled up the bathroom mere seconds ago was now gone. The once boiling hot water that engulfed my body was colder then ice.