Chapter 0.3 Unwavering hope

“Jeez, it was about time you got initiated brother, let us finish this with the rite of wills.”- Aton called out. “Heh yeah sorry bout that Aton, guys.”- Aten apologized shyly to the others in the room. “Very well younglings, you may now follow me to the outskirts of the temple.

They passed a few slightly lighted corridors, empty and silent chambers, gardens, and finally the woods. The group headed towards a dense forest, the air was dense and moist, the ground was wet and damp, it was getting darker by each step they took. It may be dark yet the master and the disciples kept following their path into the heart of the woods.

“Pst-Pst Aten the others told me that this is the forbidden forest and that no one should ever step inside alone or without a master that could guide you.”- Aton whispered to Aten. “They must be joking; you seriously believe that? The master wouldn’t take a group of children into a place like that right?- Aten responded nervously.

“You sound nervous are you sure you can keep going Aton, I really mean it. If not, we can tell Master Rehema.”- Aton Genuinely asked Aten. “NO! I mean No I’m fine Aton, Ill just shake it off. Like always!”- Aten impulsively answered. Aten accelerated his pace to match his to his master. Aton kept watch over Aten until they arrived at the heart of the forest.

“Welcome to the heart of the forest my disciples, here we shall finish the rite of wills to finally name you a worthy member of the Spirit commune.”- Rehema gently spoke. “Now as you may see you will have to walk as one group and traverse the Heart of these woods together, now as a parting gift I will give you these words of wisdom.”- Rehema guided.

“When lost in the dark, search your light, for you are never lost. That’s when your hope coalesces into the light of the future and forecasts the shadow of the past.”

“Very well you may now head into the depth and heart of this forest”- Rehema directed. The children looked into the entrance and no light could been seemed, the place was freezing cold, yet they all stuck together and headed in. “Brrrrrrr, Aton this place is freezing cold it feels as if the deeper we go the colder it gets”- Aten said feeling shivers going down his spine. “yeah I noticed as well it’s as if this place where a freezing room. Stay close Aten.”- Aten said protectively.

Once all of the kids entered the heart of the forest all light that came from the entrance ceased to be the were all submerged into complete darkness. All of them started trembling before such a void, some of them started crying and entered in a state of despair. They tried to energy bend yet, it was for nothing happened that’s when Aton breathed in, breathed out….he calmed him self.

*Everything will be Ok; everything will be fine. *

A warm flow of energy went throughout Aton’s soul. Aton bended a small sphere of light that illuminated the heart of the forests path. All the other kids stared Aton’s accomplishment in amusement. Aton brought serenity and hope to the children. Aten followed his steps and energy bended a light orb, and so the others did the dark cold heart of the forest became warm and bright. That’s when all the children saw the dead tree in the center of the room.

Aten went near it and he felt its frozen lifeless structure. “Aton, everyone come here! I’ve got an idea!”-Aten called. That’s when Aten gave his light orb to the tree restoring a little branch back to life. The rest followed his action and the tree started to gain its life back. “This tree was the heart of the forest?”- Aton asked Aten “Yeah, it was trying to survive by taking every living beings life force, yet it wasn’t enough.” -Aten replied. “It was lost in the dark, the three was just trying to find the light.”- Aton understood.

“Yeah and we brought it back into the light with gave it hope, your hope Aton”- Aten told. “You have an unwavering hope Aton, you inspired us to overcome our fear. You enlightened all of us. I wish I can become a good protector just like you Aton.” Aten cherished his brother.