CHAPTER 1 - Into the Woods

Author: Hello everyone.. I already have a plot in my mind. I hope I can express it well. Haha. I want this story to be light and fun as possible so. AJA!!! :)

* * *

10:00 AM January 3, 2013

Saturday

"Cody, Cody.. your phone keeps ringing for hours! Won't you answer it?" Zandra said to the guy beside her in bed who is still oblivious to his surroundings. Cody ignored her and he went soundly back to sleep. Irritated, she jokingly punched him with pillow, get his camera and take a shot of him."Please.. answer it babe!"

"How would I answer it when you're on top of me!" he said it with a mischievous smile. "And it's work.. I hate work!" With not so much choice, Zandra grabbed his phone and answered "Hey, please stop calling!"

"Please let me talk to Cody.. tell him it's Jeric!" She relayed his message to Cody and he grabbed his phone instantly from her.

"What is it again Jeric? I'm with Zandra.. the model!" Zandra rolled her eyes as he said it. Cody just smirked to her in reply.

"I don't know who she is.. you're with too many models and I already lost count. Anyway.. your entry won! You got it Cody and it means you're promoted! The office wants your ass back Monday morning!"

"You know that I'm here in Iloilo right?" Cody said with no any hint of excitement.

"The last time I checked, it only takes 1 hour and half ride from there to here by plane.

"Yes.. and I am planning to get there through a ship."

"Fine. I am telling them you will be late. It's not a surprise for them anyway!"

"Good Jeric.. so bye dude!" He ended the call.

Zandra kissed his neck slowly from his back. Caressing his bare chest as she makes gentle circular motions. "I'm in good mood this morning." She whispered slowly in his right ear.

"Of course kitten.. let me spoil your mood!" He grabbed her with full force and she giggled.

* * *

I love rainy days with a blanket, a cup of tea and a book. Sitting comfortably with my eyes set through my window. This is my perfect escape. I love it here in the mountains..

This is my grandmother's house.. it's old, a hispanic house but I love it because it's settled near the side of a forest. Grandma said the house is made to be a hide-out of the "prayles" or the "priests" to escape or have a safe place during the war. My great grandmother was the caretaker and it was later given to her when the priests no longer need it. It wasn't creepy, for me at least because my mother is great in decorating so she made it as homely as possible with a feminine theme. Vintage and feminine; that's the look of this house especially in my room with color pink sprinkled wherever you look. Well, that's my favorite color.

"Chun sa.. come on down. Lunch is served!" My mother called down from the stairways. I groaned "I don't eat lunch!"

* * *

"Where are we going?" Zandra asked him annoyingly. I told my parents about you.. I want you to meet them. That's why I brought you here in Iloilo in the first place.

"So that was your plan huh?" He said it in a gritted teeth.

"I know, we are dating only for 6 months but I am aware that this is the longest that you've been with a girl."

"Get out of my car. Now!!" Zandra was shocked, tears came running down her cheeks at once. "Babe, I'm sorry.. I just really really love you that's all." But Cody didn't hear the half of what she's saying when he drove his car hurriedly and speedily away from her.

He kept on driving fast and didn't care where his car and anger will take him. He hates it when his girl assumes that he is seriously committed to them and he hates it more especially when the girl wants him to meet her family. He can never handle that kind of sh*t.

He drove for two hours straight and he slowed down when he finally discovered that he has no idea where he is. There are no houses beside the road, just towering trees. "Hmm, I think it calls for a walk." He grabbed his camera and started walking inside the woods.