Chapter 6

January 1st,
The moon is bright. It's round and full on this night of celebration, reflecting the sunlight into our darkness. When I look around, I see people smile. I am surrounded by flowers blooming and gentle songs playing. I am surrounded by others who are celebrating another year of joy. Another year of happiness. I, on the other hand, do not know what I wish to celebrate. Perhaps another year of simply being alive. I'm unsure. Is something as simple as that even worthy of being celebrated?

January 1st,
Tonight, I met a girl with the most beautiful eyes. They were round and practically glowed, like the moon. However, they were also deep, dark, and mysterious, like the night sky. She was too beautiful for words to even begin to describe. Her hair was the color of blue and purple flowers in bloom, her hands were soft and gentle, and her smile was radiant and cheerful. I know that I just met Danielle today, but I already know that I would do anything she ever asked of me.

Blumiere read over the two entries at least twenty times, trying to decipher what they meant. Trying to find any information that could possibly be helpful. There still wasn't a year dated, so he couldn't tell when these were actually written. However, the ink was quite faded so it had to have been quite some time ago. 

The words were just slightly blurry to him, so he adjusted his monocle, squinting.

"Must you still wear that?" Dimentio questioned.

"Yes," Blumiere blankly replied. "My vision is terrible. If I didn't wear it, it wouldn't be able to read at all."

"Then wear glasses like a normal person," Dimentio huffed. 

Blumiere rolled his eyes. He actually did have glasses at one point in his life, back when he was just a child. However, his father quickly got rid of them for reasons he never bothered to share with Blumiere.

"Well, never mind that. We finally got a name!" Dimentio chimed excitedly. "I don't know what it means... but maybe if we find this Danielle person, we can figure out who wrote this, then they can tell us what to do!"

"That may be rather difficult..." Blumiere trailed off. "Considering the fact that we only have one first name to go off of-"

"HEY, MR. L! DO YOU KNOW ANYONE BY THE NAME OF DANIELLE?" Dimentio blurted out, bringing his hands to the side of his mouth as if trying to amplify his voice.

There was no reply. Dimentio briefly clenched his fists, noting that Luigi seemed to have fallen back into his habit of ignoring him. It was as if all the progress he was making was completely erased.

"You say that Luigi just took the book, then these pages revealed themselves?" Blumiere questioned.

Dimentio nodded, bringing his attention back down to the book. "Just these ones, though."

Blumiere frowned slightly. It seemed odd. He wondered what exactly Luigi did to trigger the new pages to reveal themselves. He would have to remember to ask the man in green about it later. 

Blumiere let out a sigh, then looked out the window. It was springtime, he noted. It had been quite a long time since he had seen the spring flowers bloom. 

"Do you suppose they'll let us outside?" Blumiere questioned.

"You? Maybe, because you're the class pet," Dimentio shrugged. "Me on the other hand..."

Blumiere rolled his eyes, then walked over to the living room, where both Luigi and Mario were quietly reading. It was a little weird to see them with their heads down in books. He wouldn't have suspected them to be readers. He didn't really think about what legendary heroes would do in their free time, but he assumed it would be stuff along the lines of celebrating and partying with friends. Heroes do tend to be popular, after all.