Past Phantoms

(It's been over a month since the ending of previous chapter. Ben and Nora took a vacation together to celebrate their engagement. Now they're heading back to STAR Labs)

STAR Labs

(Team Flash (minus Iris, Joe, Cecile, and Frost) are in the Cortex making a plan)

Barry: And you're sure this will work?

Chester: The cold fusion sphere will work. We just need Frost and Dr. Tannhauser to do the work on the lure.

Allegra: What's the plan in case something goes wrong?

Caitlin: There isn't one.

(Ben and Nora walk in)

Ben: We're back!

Caitlin: Or maybe we do have one.

(Ben and Nora looks at Caitlin with confusion)

Nora: Did we miss something?

Chester: Here's the short version: We're dealing with a sentient black fire that feeds off of people's grief and then kills them.

Ben: Wow... Was not expecting that. But I can deal with fire. It won't be a problem for me.

Chester: Except this isn't like any regular fire. This fire has the power of cold fusion.

Nora: So we can't extinguish the fire be regular means.

Allegra: Frost and her Mom are working on a way to catch the fire in the Speed Lab.

Ben: Well this isn't the welcome back I was expecting.

Barry: We are happy you're back. It's just... not a good time.

Nora: Where's Mom, Papa Joe and Grandma Cecile?

Barry: Iris is in Coast City. Joe and Cecile are looking at old case files of weird files from the past 8 years.

Ben: Is there anything we can do to help?

Chester: Actually there is. To the Speed Lab!

Barry: Before we do that. Ben, last time we talked you said you had news for us?

(Ben and Nora looks at each other)

Nora: Later, Dad. Right now we have a job to do.

(The team goes to the Speed Lab where Frost and Dr. Tannhauser explain how both of them are going to be the lure)

Barry: How long have you known?

Dr. Tannhauser: That I have my own cryo-kinetic signature? For a while now. Turns out it runs in the family.

Frost: Can't believe you didn't tell us there's two ice queens in the Snow family.

Barry: And if you ever need to learn more about how to control your powers, we're here for you.

Dr. Tannhauser: Thanks. It means a lot. Now, let's get to work.

Barry: Yes.

(Frost and Dr. Tannhauser get into position)

Caitlin: Ok, you're good to go. And Mom, just so you know, the tests I ran confirm your findings. Your latent genome plus Frost's meta-signature should amplify the sphere's cryo-kinetic output exponentially.

Allegra: Giving our bonfire from hell an offer it can't refuse.

Chester: And then some.

Ben: What do I do?

Caitlin: I was just thinking of that. If you turn into NRG, you can help contain the fire.

Ben: Got it.