38. Love Can Exist

"Beautiful." Aegon whispered as he looked Vaera up and down. And hell yes he looked at her ass she moved into the chambers.

"Thank you." Vaera coed. 

"Vizzy wanted everyone to be super heroes in masks...  so I..." Aegon moved to the box. 

"A Masquerade?" Vaera declared happily. 

"Yeah, he just told us and besides cookies and masks he said he good to go." Aegon relayed. 

"My boy." Vaera agreed. 

"Well, I hope you like it." Aegon remarked opening the box. 

"The black one is for me right?" Vaera teased. 

"I mean I might be able to pull off the silver jeweled mask but I think you would make it look better." Aegon remarked as they picked them up from the velvet box. 

"Can you help me?" Vaera pondered

"Can you help me?" Vaera pondered. Aegon nodded dropping his mask and moving to her. He tied it delicately as she lifted her hair. A soft smile curved her lips as he kissed her shoulder. 

"Best get in there." Aegon whispered. 

"I just need a moment... I will be right there." Vaera assured. 

+

"Where is Vaera?" Viserys pondered looking around. 

"She likes to make an entrance.'' Nyra offered stiffly. 

"I'm glad you came, Rhaenyra." Viserys remarked and she scoffed a breath. "It's good to see you... and Daemon." another huff of a breath as he took a sip of her drink. 

"You know I love you right?" Alicent pondered and Aegon stared back at her silently. "You are my son..."

"That's a requirement for love?" Aegon mused and she withheld the urge to yank his ear. 

"No." She answered stiffly. 

"Can you just try to have fun and lose the resting bitch face for a night?" Aegon requested and Alicent huffed a breath. 

"Aegon-" she scolded.

"Hela and Aemond are having fun. It's a party, both Viserys' name days. Come on, mother." Aegon begged as he finished his drink. 

Haezel and Jace were spinning around happily together dancing and running through the maze of people, laughs on their lips as Vaera descended the steps. 

All eyes turned to her. She walked into the room and the whole place shimmered. Aegon moved closer to her, his feet knew what they were doing. 

"It has pockets!" Vaera declared, when she descended the stairs in her red sparkly dress

"You look even more stunning then a moment ago." Aegon remarked as he kissed her. 

"Thank you, you look very handsome, husband." Vaera purred and Aegon felt his heart fill and his cock twitch at the word. Every time. Every single time she said it. 

"Dance with me." Aegon requested leading her out. 

"This is stupid." Nyra muttered. She felt like a child competing for attention when the realms all loved Vaera more. 

"This is a party." Daemon corrected. "Get something to drink, you are... too angry. You dont want to risk becoming Alicent do you?" Nyras bitter gaze shifted to Alicent and she held a similar bitter face. 

"No one is here for me." Rhaenyra hissed. 

"Is it your name day?" Aemma questioned as she grabbed a cookie. 

"What?" Nyra countered confused. Aemma licked the cookie crumbs from her lips. 

"Is it your name day too?" Aemma repeated. 

"No." Rhaenyra declared. 

"Then why would they be here for you?" Aemma questioned innocently. 

"Eat your damn cookie." Rhaenyra instructed nudging her away. Aemma skipped off and Daemon laughed out. 

"She's not wrong." Daemon agreed. 

"I am the heir, I used to be respected." Rhaenyra reminded him. "Admired!" 

"And my admiration is not enough?" He mused and she scoffed. "Fine you be a grump, I'm going to be near the fun people, the party people... its a party, remind your face that, Rhaenyra." Daemon instructed. 

Alicent had to admit her children did look happy. Aegon looked happier then he had ever been and shouldnt that be enough? But why Vaera?

Vaera smiled leaning into Aegon as they danced away the night. Before she needed a cookie and a dance with the name day boys. 

Viserys held his daughter to him kissing her forehead. 

"Thank you for making today special for me, Vaera." Viserys whispered. 

"Thank you for being the best dad ever." Vaera remarked. 

"I wish Rhaenyra shared your mentality... I think she thinks I'm a monster meant to destory her happiness." Viserys murmured. 

"Oh, that could never be true. She knows you love her, she is just in a mood... thats all. She was... being moody to me too." Vaera remarked and Viserys sighed. 

"Daemon-"

"Is not the problem." Vaera assured. "He's been in a great mood, he was dancing with Aemma tonight, gave Vizzy a sip of wine that had him giggling and hiccupping in no time but it was all in good fun." Vaera declared. "I love uncle Daemon... clearly Nyra does as well... more so." Vaera added gently. 

"I just wish she would come back, after everything with Laenor and Laena and then they... this is a party." Viserya reminded himself. "Only happiness tonight." 

"Agreed." Vaera declared kissing his cheek. "Dont listen to Nyra, I love you daddy." 

"Thank you baby, I love you." 

"I'm going to tuck the girls in, they are looking a bit tired." Vaera remarked. Aegon nodded taking her drink from her. "I'm tired too... you should best meet me in bed." Vaera remarked before heading off and aegon's eyes went wide. 

"A story mama?" Aemma questioned as she jumped into bed. To Vaera told her a story laying down beside her as Aegon moved to their chambers nervously, excitement filled him but suddenly, he hoped the act would be tonight and what if he didnt have a clue what he was doing.

"-that seemed too precious to share with anyone else as a carriage pulled by gorgeous white horses stopped at the castle... a fairy descended with a rainbow in his hand and a soft glowing light illuminated the area as if to prove that love can exist." Vaera read off. "Even in the darkest of places coloring the scenery as they leave together in solitude the kiss and the presence of the prince, the princess, the shining knight, the hero had come to represent a reminder that even if love is hard to find it does exist..."