The Tourney Of The Heir

The sun was beaming bright, not a cloud in sight, the breeze blew cold winds against the moist air

The sun was beaming bright, not a cloud in sight, the breeze blew cold winds against the moist air. Daenaera was subject to her father's side as she poured wine for him and his council men. Plans for Daenaera to be betrothed were underway, just after the birth of the new heir, the son King Viserys had longed so long for.

"My Lords." Lord Corlys Velaryon, the sea snake as he was called for his many voyages spoke up, "The growing alliance among the free cities has taken to styling itself the triarchy. They have massed on bloodstone." Lord Corlys stood in his seat as he opened a map on the table. Daenaera filled wine in her father's cup as she watched Lord Corlys. "And are presently ridding the stepstones of its pirate infestation."

"Well that sounds suspiciously like good news, Lord Corlys." The King noted as Daenaera poured wine into Lord Hand Otto Hightower's cup, father to Alicent Hightower. Otto had quiet a liking to Daenaera, often he could find himself gazing at the young girl.

"A man called Craghas Drahar has styled himself the prince-admiral of this triarchy. They call him the crab feeder due to his inventive methods of punishing his enemies." Lord Corlys went on to speak of this man.

"And are we meant to weep for dead pirates?" King Viserys questioned, he was uninterested in this crab feeder or the triarchy.

"No, Your Grace." Lord Corlys dropped the conversation knowing it would not get very far at this moment. Lord Lyman Beesbury, Master of Coin spoke up with concerns of his own.

"Hey, Your Grace at Prince Daemon's urging, the crown has invested a significant capital in the re-training and re-equipping of his city watch. I thought you might urge your brother to fill his seat on the council and provide an assessment of his progress as commander of the watch." Daenaera cut her eyes to the old man at the mention of her uncle whom she has not seen in a year. Daenaera and her uncle were always close, he loved to read books to her and tell her of his adventures.

"Do you think Daemon is distracted by his present tasks? And that his thoughts and energies are occupied?" Viserys knew Daemon was busy whoring around and creating chaos every which way he turned. Prince Daemon thrived best in chaos and bloodshed rather than peace and prosperity. He was a dragon through and through, unpredictable, loyal, and unhinged. That is what Daenaera loved most about her uncle.

"Well, one would hope so, considering the associated cost." The old man said.

"Then let us all consider your gold well-invested, Lord Beesbury." The King was soft on his brother, he would allow no ill words to be spoken of him.

"I would urge that you not allow this Triarchy much latitude in the Stepstones, Your Grace. If those shipping lanes should fall it would beggar our ports." Lord Corlys insisted, pushing the issue once more, he knew the problem would need be dealt with.

"The crown has heard your report, Lord Corlys, and takes it under advisement." Otto Hightower quickly shut down Lord Corlys attempts. "shall we discuss the heir's tournament, Your Grace?" Hand Otto Hightower turned his attention back to the King.