chapter one

It was 3am in the morning and Carla had only had an hour of sleep. she is staring up at the ceiling now pondering on the previous day. she had lots of activities and events to attend to. she sits up straight in bed all of a sudden after feeling a wave of fresh air on her thighs and legs. she had left the windows open and it seemed like it is about to rain. it was getting really breezy. one can hear the thundering and see the lightening. she is more than excited that it was going to rain. this is the perfect chance to get all the sleep I can. I am not going anywhere or attending to anyone today. I am just going to lay in bed, see movies and sleep. she stood up and in the refrigerator in the kitchen and got a glass of water to ease the thirst she was feeling. she would usually have a bottle of water beside her bed in the room but she had forgotten to get it last night. she gets her water and walked back into her room.

she gets up, getting in her flip flops, she walks straight to the windows to close them. it was getting really chilly and though she likes it, she would not like to catch a cold. she walks to her bed to get some sleep. she laid in bed a couple of minutes before she eventually fell asleep.

How can the sun be this bright and hot when it only just rained this morning? Carla reluctantly pulled the duvet from her face and got out of her bed to draw the curtains close properly and return to bed. on getting up, there was a knock on the door. with her nose curled up why would anyone be at my door at this early hour of the morning? she walks towards the front door to see who was at the door and got a look at the wall clock hanging on her tiny living room wall. what! she exclaimed on seeing the time. the time was 10:25am and she was headed towards the door in her short and revealing night dress. but this was very weird and unusual. she never gets visitors at her door without an earlier notice. she yelled out asking who is at the door? a male voice called back answering its Sam. You don't know me but I have a package for you. no, its not from a delivery service and none of your friends sent me. not that I know any of them. could you just come out and see me please? now she is confused as to what to say or do. "err i will be with you in a minute" she calls back out.

She rushes back into the room and got in her very popular blue Nike shorts and a plain white t-shirt. she walks to the door to get it. she sees a man standing at the door with flowers and a bottle of wine. he looks familiar that was the first thing she thought of. you are Sam? she said in a not so surprised voice but with a tone of I think we have met but I cant quite place it. what the hell are you doing at my door with a bottle of wine and flowers? sam says nothing, waiting and hoping that she remembers from the club they both were at last night.

Sam is a very handsome young man who looks like he would be in his late twenties. He is 28 years old. Carla is a 25 years old slim, beautiful, young woman. Carla goes ahead to ask "have we met?" breaking the awkward yet interesting stare they both had going on. Sam finally says something. "you look even more beautiful this morning". how lovely of you to have answered the door. she was now very confused. she had no idea what it was she was meant to say and it was getting a little bit awkward, for it felt like this man knows what he is talking about and she has no idea who he is or simply cannot yet remember where they have met, for she can say for sure that they have met before, she could feel it. her neighbors are beginning to stylishly weigh in on the conversation. please come in she finally said.

She leads him through the small space between her small diner set to the couch in her tiny living room space. she ventures for him to take a sit. he sat and looked around with a smile. you have a lovely place he said. maybe you shouldnt start with that. maybe you should start by telling me who you are and how you happen to know where I live and what you are doing in my house by this time of the morning. she sits and waits for him to speak. i will remind you then. no worries.

going back few hours before the conversation