Chapter 7

The feeling travelled to all parts of my body and ended at my fingertips. I pushed him but be wouldn't budge. I pushed him again but he held my hands. Cold shivers ran down my spine. I felt my fingers shaking. Why am I feeling this way? Anything it is, I believe it's just for the main time. It's just because I am not used to touching guys, I told myself.

The only guy I am so close to is Dax and we do hold hands sometimes. Apart from him, no one else. That's another difference between Diana and I. Diana is someone who chats with every guy she comes across. But I respect her for one thing - she doesn't flirt with every guy she sees not like any other hot girl.

I tried to pull my hands free but his grip was too strong. I want to scream but it's of no use because no one would hear me. He placed my right hand on his chest. I could feel his heart beating hard and fast. Then he released my hands but he didn't move out of the way. I cursed Dax for taking so long and leaving me with this . . . I don't know. I was already shivering for real and I didn't know what to do. A silly idea popped in my head but I have to use it.

I know that shocks that are given unexpectedly are often more painful than expected ones. I once read a joke that says unexpected slap is the cure for hiccups. Anyways I know that he wouldn't be expecting this. . .

I suddenly grabbed his right hand and bit one of his fingers so hard that he yelped in pain. I didn't stop even even though I've started to feel the metallic taste of blood on my tongue. While doing this, he was trying to break free but I concentrated all my strength on holding him tight which results in biting him harder.

I didn't stop until I was satisfied. By this time, I was able to push him out of the way 'cause he was busy dealing with his bitten index finger. I pushed him so hard that he fell on his butt. The way he fell was funny but I was too tensed to laugh.

I ran to the door even though the distance is close. I entered the rough and crowdy room again. Even though I haven't stayed outside for long, I have grown used to the cool breeze outside. And now, back in the room, I feel hot. It also feels as if someone has increased the volume of the music 'cause it sounds louder than it was and everyone is shouting. Only if they know how much that's affecting me.

I scanned everywhere for the door I was looking for at first and finally found it. There's a table on its left. A set of boys are gathered there doing god - knows - what. I pushed past people as I picked my way to the door.

Someone's laughter was the last thing I heard before opening the door. Glad to be outside again, I sucked in as much fresh air as I could. Everywhere is entirely dark outside but it's much better than being in the midst of sweaty bodies.

I spat the blood that sipped into my mouth. And then I realized that I was still trembling. My knees felt like jelly. I placed my hands on them to keep from falling. I am starting to regret ever coming to this party. What was I thinking before deciding to come at first? I stood straight to search my pockets for my phone so as to check the time only to find out that there are no pockets. I'm wearing a skirt. Shit! I have left it in the car. And the key is definitely with Diana. Oh God, help me.

The thought of going back in there makes me feel sick in the stomach. I feel like beating myself. I scold myself for leaving my brain at home 'cause if I haven't, I wouldn't have left my phone in the car. The sound of laughter from different people can still be heard outside. That annoying sound. But since the only option I have now is to go back in, I have no other choice than to do so. Just as I was thinking of this, I saw the light of one of the neighbour houses go off. I thought it was entirely dark before but now is what is called entirely dark.

I suddenly longed for the warmth of my room and the comfort of my bed. If not for the party, by this time, I am already asleep. The only thing that can keep me awake by now is studying or watching a movie (horror) .

I feel somehow insecure standing alone in the dark night. Then I finally come back to my senses of going back inside to get the keys from Diana.

As I turned to go back inside, a hand from nowhere grabbed me from behind. I tried to scream but my mouth was firmly held. I struggled as I felt a handkerchief on my face. I held my breath 'cause I know what that means. I struggled but it's obvious that whoever it is much stronger than I am. I struggled until I couldn't hold my breath anymore. I finally breathe in the choky stench of something that smells like herbs, herbs and herbs. I wish I haven't come to this party, I thought I sank into unconsciousness.

Longest time right? I'm sorry for the delay but it really took a long time to write this short chapter. And I am also sorry that it's short.

So read, like, wait. . . Did I say like? I mean vote and comment.
As usual, I love you all 💕.