late night driving

idea from Elambz again bc she is just amazing <3

-

i woke up around 2:00 AM twisting and turning. i couldn't sleep well. Matt was asleep, facing the other wall. i decided to get up slowly so that i didn't wake him. i decided to go into the living room and turn on the TV as quietly as i could.

about 10 minutes goes by, and i hear Matt's footsteps coming out of the room. he was stood in the doorway and i could feel his eyes on me.

"y/n?" he calls. i turned to look at him. he looked tired, messy hair and tired looking eyes. "yeah?" i asked him. i thought he was still sleeping. "what are you doing up?" he questions. "couldn't sleep. sorry i woke you." i apologized. "no no, you didn't. i just heard the TV a little bit that's all." he came over to me and sat on the couch.

"wanna go for a drive?" he asked. i turned my head towards his direction. "why?" i asked him. "can't sleep, right? let's go for a drive. i mean, it is two o'clock in the morning, so let's spend this time together driving around." i nodded my head. "sure, why not?" i said, a smile forming on my face. he returned the smile, then got up and got his keys and put his jacket on.

-

we walked outside and it was immediately cold. we rushed to the car and got in. when we pulled out of our driveway, we started to drive around. "anywhere you wanna go?" Matt asked me. "you can just go wherever you wanna go. doesn't matter." i replied. he nodded and drove around.

-

15 minutes had passed and we pulled into the McDonald's drive thru. we went through the line and ordered our food. Matt had suggested McDonald's because he was hungry and so was i. we pulled into the parking lot and ate.

"thank you." i whispered to Matt. "for what?" "for this. i love spending time with you." i answered. "i love spending time with you." he smiled. he intertwined our fingers together and held my hand tight. "i love you." he said. "i love you too." i smiled. he reached over the middle console and gave me a kiss on the cheek. we ate the rest of our food talking to each other and then finally went home.

-

short and sweet but at least i updated bc i didn't for awhile 🤷‍♀️