The Date

Gilly's POV

As Jax and I walk out of the library, I can't help but smile. While reading about the magic lamps it reminded me of some funny times. Ha, I will never forget when Jax and Jack were besties. Even now after years they still don't get along great but ever since Jack and Hayley started to date they haven't been as disagreeable as they once were.

"Helloooo," a voice says, breaking my train of thought. Oh yeah, a date with Jax, that's what I'm doing. This is how I know that I really do like Jax. We can have the most comfortable silences ever where I can just get lost in my thoughts.

"Hey," I respond in a sarcastic voice.

"What you thinkin about?" he asks in an annoyingly funny voice.

"You know, same old, same old, just about how amazing I am," I say in an innocent voice.

"That is true, you are amazing, but you have to admit that I'm at least a close second if not equal," he argues. I pretend to think hard about it.

"I guess that's true. The part where you are a close second, I mean" I say. In truth, though I would never admit it, is that he is at least as good as me. What I would admit is that together we are unstoppable and I know that sounds cheesy but it's true.

Jax's POV

As Gilly and I walk through the garden, I think back to when I told her I was a prince in disguise, not a thief. Honestly, I had the biggest crush on her for ages. I just didn't know what it was and ignored it. When she told me that she read my where I want to be in five years letter after she thought I was dead, I was nervous that she would treat me different. But she didn't and we didn't speak of it for years until about a year and a half ago when she brought it up and asked to be my girlfriend. I of course said yes and it's been going good ever since, except for the fact that we have to hide that we are dating.

"You know," Gilly says. "I love this garden. It has some amazing memories and some pretty funny ones too."

I chuckle at that. "I was thinking the same thing.¨

"Let's start walk towards the stables."