Chapter 10

Mich's POV

"At the day i walked up in his office, and looked into his eyes, I fell inlove with him. And nung araw na narinig kong he was hurt, hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko. I loved him. Alam ko mahirap paniwalaan pero minahal ko siya, mahal ko siya. Why in the hell would I want to hurt him?"

Here we are, listening to the side of Miss Helena Merlyn, the said murderer of Mr. Walsh. Hindi ko alam pero naawa ako sa kanya. I know, hindi dapat dahil nga, law student ako. Even though there are three sides of the story, hers, Mr. Walsh's, and the truth, being a student of a defense attorney, the only thing I should believe should be her story, the truth or not. That's the thing.

Did she really did it? I think —-

"The trial begins in two days, bukas, each one of you have a minute to present the best defense for this case. Tignan natin if you could beat my current plan. Miss Morente?"

"Yes?"

"You'll go last, an unenviable position seeing that no two students to present the same idea."

"Yes, ma'am."

Oh, shit.

"Tomorrow, at the end of the day, i'll have three students na pipiliin ko to work with me in this case. And that assignment will help me who to pick. Whoever the top student, he or she will be given the opportunity to work with me with another case and will be exempted on the finals. So clear?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay go and find a defense that will free our client."

At my apartment (Hell yes, i'm living in an apartment with J....jk)

"Nakita ng assistant si Helena with an aspirin first thing that morning. Forensics found aspirin residue on the plate. She was warned about Mr. Walsh's allergy first day on the job which means we could argue.... Which means we could argue.. Which means ——"

*ring ring*

She's guilty.

"Shit."

*ring ring*

Seriously? Ugh

"What?" I answered the phone without looking at the caller

"Whoa there, tiger! Easy."

"Ate Ly?" I checked the caller and yes, its really her.

"The one and only Phenom. So, what's up?"

"Nah, just working on a case and —-"

"You didn't answered our e-mails, tweets, and calls for almost a week. Like seriously? Are you mad or —-"

"Whoa, whoa. Easy there, tiger." I said, mimicking her.

"Hahaha. So, now what?"

"Chill, okay? You know I am in law school right?"

"Which means, you are busy? Oh cut the crap Mich. I know you."

"Yeah? In what way huh?" I said, challenging her.

"You always find time to hangout with us. Being busy in school won't get in your way. It only means one thing though."

"Ano, aber?"

"You are not ready to see her. She's been asking how you've been Mich."

"Oh? Well, i'm fine. And no, i'm okay seeing her. I have moved on."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really."

"Then go with us this weekend."

"I'm—-"

"Don't you dare you'll get busy. Mich, it'll be on a Saturday night. Your prof's not an asshole naman to give you an assignment on a Satuday night naman diba?"

"I'll try."

"Come on, you can say something better than that."

"Okay! Fine! I'll come."

"Good girl. Now, goodluck with the case. Your Ate Den says hi and she misses you."

"Aww, tell her I miss her too."

"See you on Saturday night, kiddo. Better get dress well. Your special someone will be there. Bye!" and she hanged up.

Ugh these guys. But i'll be seeing her. Am I ready?

Hell yes, you are.

Uh gosh. I am ready. I should be. I need to be ready to face the reality.

"And speaking of, which means we can argue..... ugh god dammit!"