Chapter 6

JIA's POV

"To the place where you'd always find me when i needed time for myself."

"Field?"

"I'll wait there."

"Okay, on my way. Wag na wag mo akong tatakasan Morado. You'll regret doing so."

"Oo na. Ingat ka."

(AN: This happened an hour before Bea and Kim's conversation sa condo. Sorry, nagulo kasi draft ko -_-)

This is it. *one big sigh*

Bago ako pumuntang field, i changed into casual clothes, typical denim shorts, Ateneo shirt, and a Roshe. Alangan naman pupunta akong Ateneo naka gown ba diba? 

After 10 minutes

*calling*

"Melissa, san ka na?"

"Andiyan na."

There, i saw Ate Den then i approached her.

Okay Jia, ready yourself from all the bratatats and sermon

"A-ate.." 

"Oh goodness. Jia!" Then she hugged me.

Believe it or not, i got surprised. Who wouldn't? After all the things i've done, di ko aakalaing yayakapin pa niya ako. Feeling ko kasi ang sama sama ko dahil iniwan ko si Mich.

"Gosh! I missed you little one!"

"Little one? Eh, mas matangkad pa ko sayo." I murmured.

"WHAT?"

"Ah wala, i missed you too. The team, actually. I missed the team."

"Kasalanan mo din naman! Umalis ka pa kasi!"

"EH--"

"Sorry, sorry."

"I know din naman eh. Matatanggap pa kaya nila ako?"

"Ofcourse! We're family."

"I don't know."

"Hay ewan ko sayo. Let's sit over there."

"I know i don't have the right but sayo lang kasi ako comfortable tanungin 'to, i know i could ask Bea but..How's Mich?"

"Well, ayun. Muntikan na hindi makagraduate. She always goes home late, didn't care about her acads and school stuff, she'd been training yeah, but her focus' not with us, alam mo bang hindi na siya starting six since you left her?"

I shook my head.

"Guess Bea didn't tell you, then. She's not the usual Mich. She became a totally different person but after three years, this year, i think she's okay now. She's back. I mean, the usual Mich, she's back."

"Good. I just wanted her to be happy."

"But do you think leaving her made her happy? I guess not."

No, but because i am an idiot, i did.

DEN's POV

I know wala ako sa lugar magtanong but this thing between Jia and Mich has been bugging since Jia left. Even though its rude to ask her, made me tell her about this forcefully, i would. I need an answer. An explanation. I saw how Mich struggled for those three freakin' years and i see how Jia still love Mich up until now, and i would find a way to get my two favorite people back in their own loving arms.

"But do you think leaving her made her happy? I guess not."

And i saw the pain in Jia's eyes when i said it.

"Do you think asking her for space made you happy? I know it didn't. Not taking the risk and not trying again for one more time made you two happy? No, it didn't. So, why leave her then?"

"She's too perfect for me. I am not worth it."

"Did leaving her made you worth it?"

"And that's the main reason why i left her. She's too good for me and I am too weak for her. She fought for me, sacrificed for me, tiniis niya lahat ng sakit for my happiness but i'm only good in running, i'm only good inflicting pain to her, she's don't deserve it."

"And she deserved to be left? By you?"

"I only made a choice. Someone made me to make that choice and I couldn't do anything about it."

"You could, Jia. You could --"

"But i didn't have the guts! I didn't have the courage ate Den. I'm not a fighter. Cos i'm too weak! Im too afraid! Too afraid of what could've happen if i didn't made that choice!"

"What could've happened? Jia, you two could be a happy couple right now, if only you did the right thing."

"That was the right thing!"

"How could it be?"

"You don't understand!"

"Then make me, Jia. Let me help you."

"You can't."

"Then, let Bea help you."

"You can't. She can't. No one can."

Jia's POV

"Did leaving her made you worth it?"

"Did leaving me make you worth it? That's just plain bullshit!" Ouch, i remember the day...

"You can't. She can't. No one can."

"But WHY, Jia?"

"Because its my conscience that made me do it. I felt like, I would only let her down. Its like, im an anchor to her awesome life. That she wouldn't be successful if i am there in her life. And i am too afraid, that may be someday, she'd realize na ganun nga ako sa kanya. Isang pabigat. A flaw. Then, she'd leave me alone."

"So inunahan mo siya, ganon? Jia, she loves you too much to do that! You're the biggest factor of her perfect life! You're such a dork thinking that!"

"I know. But i only did it because i love her too much. I can't risk her future nang dahil lang saakin."

"You know what? You've got to fix this. Bago pa mahuli ang lahat."

"I will. Don't worry."

"And.. can I like? Tell the team about this?"

"Sure. I miss them already."