V1: Chapter 6

Ayanokoji POV

I am currently in the classroom, listening to Sakagami-sensei teaching us math, this was our final period before lunch began.

Today, we'll be visiting the 3rd year students. We will not get any new information due to the existence of a rule that doesn't allow upperclassmen to give sensitive information to first years. However, only Hirata and I know this, the others do not. And it's better that way, scouting other classes would be useful anyways.

The bell rang and each of the 8 of us made our way to the class we were each assigned to. For me it was 3-A.

Hirata and I knocked on the door of the class and entered when we heard confirmation.

"State your names, class and business here."

Upon opening the door, we were confronted by a tall, slim, black-haired guy, who had a commanding aura around him that demanded respect. Everyone's eyes were on us.

"Oh, our names are Hirata Yousuke and Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. We are students from Class 1-D and we came to meet some of our upperclassmen and ask some questions."

Hirata was taken aback a bit by the confrontation but answered anyway.

"I see. My name is Horikita Manabu,"

Horikita, huh?

 "the Student Council President. So what do you two have to ask?" He finished introducing himself to us and immediately questioned us.

"Well, can I ask how many-"

"If you are going to ask about your or our private points, you already know my answer."

He cut me off.

"It appears Nagumo-senpai has already told you about us, right?"

It wasn't really weird, if they are both in the counsel, it makes sense that the first years could be a topic of conversation.

"You are correct, Nagumo told me that there were some first years from Class-D that are asking questions."

"So your answers will be the same as his?"

He nodded.

I let out a sigh.

"Well then, I assume not, but can you tell us when the school's system will be revealed?"

He shook his head, indicating his answer was a 'no' and slightly lowered his head.

"Can I use points to bypass the rule?"

After my question, everyone, including Hirata, was staring at me wide-eyed while some gasps and muttering were heard around the room as if I'd cracked the system.

The President was also surprised, but quickly recomposed himself before showing a smirk.

"Sadly, you can't."

"Well that's sad, anyway, if that is all we will be leaving. Most of our questions were 'answered' by Nagumo-senpai yesterday, so I have no more questions."

With that I turned to leave and Hirata started to follow.

"Before you go, I know Nagumo already asked, but I'd like to offer you a position in the counsel."

Another offer. This raised a couple red flags, and I raised an eyebrow. The rest of the students were really surprised, Hirata as well.

"From the way you said it, you already know of Nagumo-senpai's offer. Why, then, give me another one?"