Chapter 13: Released

- Back to Freyja -

I felt my head buzzing and aching. I groaned from the uncomfortable feeling...I tried to move to sit up but I felt my wrists were restrained by metal shackles above my head.

I opened my eyes and felt my heart drop to my stomach. I was indeed shackled to a wooden post in the hut. I noticed my hooded cloak was removed and I was laying on a pelt with pillows; this must be his bed.

I began sitting up as best as I could and looked around. The hut had no door, just some fabric over it; there were barrels inside by the doorway as well as my belongings placed in the corner across from me. I could tell someone went through my things.

I tried to see if I could reach my knapsack for lockpicks but I couldn't reach it at all with my foot. I began grunting trying to break free from the chains until I heard footsteps coming to the hut.

I hurdled to the corner of the hut that I was chained to. Adriel came inside; wearing the black trousers that were torn at the ankles and no shoes or shirt. He was extremely tall and looked at me with almost a troubled and frustrated look.

His eyes were more easy to look at; the same honey-brown color. His dark hair again was long and down to his shoulders. His facial hair wasn't too long nor too short; he had it around his upper lips before connecting to his chin for a beard.

We looked at each other for a moment. I never in my life with the Dark Brotherhood had been captured by my target. I suddenly was becoming a bit afraid of him but I didn't want him to see that.

"Let me go, please." I spoke sternly yet quietly. "Who sent you?" He asked calmly.

"I cannot say."

"You're an assassin; are you a member of the Dark Brotherhood?" He asked. I simply looked at him frustrated. "I am, now let me go."

"No, you are sent to kill me. Who paid you?" He was getting more angry now. "That is none of your buis-"

"It's my life, so therefore it is my business." He growled at me. I looked away refusing to speak to him further. "Tell me." He demanded. Again I kept my eyes away from him in silence. "I demand for you to tell me!" He shouted.

I heard the beast in his voice that caused me to jump and shake in fear. "If I tell you, will you let me go?" I asked, still looking away trying to hide my fear. "No, you will kill me; I am not a fool." He was still stern with me but stopped shouting.

"Then you will not know the answer." I said, looking back at him. He growled at me in frustration before turning to his doorway. "You will remain here until I figure out what to do with you." He said. "Then why not just kill me?" I said angrily. He turned to face me with much anger in his eyes. "Because I don't kill for no reason."

"But I attempted to kill you, so therefore you have a reason." He laughs at my words in a sense to make me seem pathetic. "You couldn't kill me, you're too small and weak." He smirks before leaving the hut.

I was trying to break the shackles once he left. "Release me!" I began screaming at him. "I demand for you to release me!" I tried to see if my hands could come through the restraints.

I managed to slip a hand through even though it was painful. Then I got my other hand out but not without possibly bruising myself first. I got up and began running to get out of here.

Adriel saw me and began running towards me with such speed. I tried reaching the entrance but not without him jumping down onto me and pinning me on my back.

He got a good grip of my wrists on each side. "Let me go!" I shouted. "No!" He growled with anger before taking rope and quickly tying up my wrists together with rope. I tried crawling away but he took rope to my ankles as well and lifted me over his shoulder.